Leisure battery sizes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starbiscuit

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering what is the biggest size (capacity and dimensions) that anyone has managed to fit in the engine bay left-hand battery tray.

I had a quick measure up for a 110Ah Numax one, but it looks a bit tight between the wheel arch, the spare wheel well and the rear light cluster.
I'd rather be a bit more sure before buying one...

Any recommendations or pictures would be great please :)

Here is the one we have installed - biggest capacity I could squeeze in

DrUjJjK.jpg

Thankyou. That's a nice battery.

346mm Long x 172mm Deep x 239mm High, 26.4Kg

Is there much clearance at the back of the wheelarch and the rear lamp connections?

How did you secure it to the battery tray?

I've got the same .

They're £135 at the moment but are regularly reduced to £90.

Mine's held in by something like this:

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-equipment/battery-chargers-jump-starters/halfords-battery-clamp.

Clearance is about an inch between the back of the light cluster and the battery.

Numax 110Ahr from Tayna Batteries, delivered to your Home and a great price.
Make sure the rear battery post is -ve so it doe not short agains the spare wheel well if it comes lose.
I used a bit of old laminate flooring to slide it into place and you MUST use a battery tie down to secure it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It all depends on what size your starting battery is an what type of split charger your using.
If you have an 85 amp hour battery to start your van and you put a 110 amp leisure battery in it will only charge to 85amp and when the starter battery gets full the alternator switches off.
So fit two batteries the small size or get a really good split charger that can monitor both batteries but they aren't cheap

Latest posts