Headlight flasher

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbo

Reaction score
Hi don't know if this has been done before. When you use your headlight flasher when the lights are off, does it also change from dip beam to main, or the other way round depending which it was originally on. If the lights are on and dip beam is selected and you flash someone, will this also change to main beam. The tell tale on the dash is so dim I cannot sometimes tell what beam I am on unless outside is pitch black. Any help greatly appreciated Thanks.

Yep, it does exactly that (or certainly mine does!) That is an American spec 3 pin relay that has been converted to a 4 pin (if I’ve recalled that correctly) and it basically latches and unlatches with each pull of the stalk, regardless of dipped lights switched on or off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hobbo said:
Hi don't know if this has been done before. When you use your headlight flasher when the lights are off, does it also change from dip beam to main, or the other way round depending which it was originally on. If the lights are on and dip beam is selected and you flash someone, will this also change to main beam. The tell tale on the dash is so dim I cannot sometimes tell what beam I am on unless outside is pitch black. Any help greatly appreciated Thanks.

As above but I doubt if we’ll blind anybody with our headlights. Mrs Ozziedog has got fiercerer candles on the mantle piece :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, another thing on my ‘to do’ list :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

Hi thanks very much for the replies, did notice that I had been driving on full beam nobody had flashed me, will have a look into somehow getting brighter bulbs for headlamp beam tell tale.

If you take apart the dash dials, you will find that there's a tiny 'light blocker' that sits between the main beam bulb and the part you can see. Whip this out and you'll have a tell-tale that you can see again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Moseley have had a good look this weekend in the snow, had the full instrument panel out,but could not find the little light blocker only the piece of blue plastic with the headlight symbol on Thanks.

hobbo said:
Hi Moseley have had a good look this weekend in the snow, had the full instrument panel out,but could not find the little light blocker only the piece of blue plastic with the headlight symbol on Thanks.

Ah bugger, that’s a shame, maybe someone else already removed it. The blue tell-tale is dimmer than the other lights due to the nature of how dark the filter is, but should be easy to see at night. Have you tried swapping the bulbs and bulb holders around to see if it’s a just a dim lamp?

I must admit, when recently re-wiring my van, I did upgrade the dash circuit wiring so that I could fit bulbs with double the wattage, and that has really helped with the back-lighting. Don’t think I did the tell-tales, just the back-lights... memory failing me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi thanks I thought I was doing something wrong or missing something, will have a further look, have got some new bulbs so will swap them over, will let you know how I get on.

Latest posts