Heating system trouble.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgeyv

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just had the van running outside for half an hour, engine nice and warmed up but getting absolutely no heating in the cab. It's not something I've thought about before, I thought I'd got everything sorted but only ever had it on the road in summer so never noticed any issues!

I don't seem to be getting any air flowing through the vents in the dash, no matter how I have the heater levers on the dash set, or the one on the totem, or the one under the drivers seat (I'm not ever sure what that does but it's really stiff)

Looking underneath the van, the only thing I haven't changed is a short length of hose directly under the cab, it looks similar to the stuff I've used on the engine to connect shroud to heat exchangers. It looks like that length goes to the vent between the seats directed into the back - which I don't need particularly at this point but would like to have it sorted either way!

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Going back to square one - are you sure the heater cables are connected properly to the heat exchanger levers?

Yeah - well, one of them! One is snapped so I cable tied the flap open - still nothing. I had loads and loads of animal crap and nests in the van when I bought it so I'm just wondering if I've missed something under the cab - I think before I go any further I need to get that old bit of hose off and clear out any crap I can see inside.

Did you just have the engine idling during that time?

Take it for a drive, preferably at motorway speeds. You'll then get a mild trickle of warm air :)

As the airflow is powered by the engine cooling fan (T1 engine) the higher the engine revs, the higher the airflow into the cab...

Pretty sure the lever under the cab seat just turns the flow to the middle vents (those by the walkthru section) on and off...

page21.jpg

Latest posts