spotlights

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbo

Reaction score
This has been done before. I have searched and found the wiring diagram for a relay for spotlights. It seems that there are 2 live feeds going to the relay, one from ignition switch and one from battery. My questions are do you actually have to run a wire piggy backed from the ignition switch, which terminal, can the other live come from the fuse box, which terminal, and does the relay have to be fastened to the vehicle and where are they obtainable from. You can ascertain I am not too brilliant with electrics when relays are involved. Sorry for the length of question. p.s. do I need a relay for each spotlight.

A single relay will do both. Take live feed from fuse box if possible, or another suitable live feed that is correctly sized wire and on both counts, ensure correct fuse is used.

For the switch side - either take a feed from main beam or install a dash switch. It's fairly easy to do, just keep cables neat and clipped, correctly sized and fused. Ideal If relay can be fixed to something too, but not vital. It's needs to be earthed too. [emoji1360]

'68 Single Cab
'71 Danbury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for reply, will one relay do if I want them to be independent so I can have one or the other on or both at the same time of course I will be using 2 switches with lights to show which is on Thanks

hobbo said:
Hi thanks for reply, will one relay do if I want them to be independent so I can have one or the other on or both at the same time of course I will be using 2 switches with lights to show which is on Thanks

Actually, ignore part of my reply. You wouldn't need a relay if switching manually (been a long day!). Just a live feed that's fused correctly. Suggest a switched ignition feed so only works with ignition on. 2 switches, just loop the feed from one switch to the other.

'68 Single Cab
'71 Danbury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts