Which Altenator kit !

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budbay6

Reaction score
Hi thought I'd best get out of the dark ages n convert me dinamo into a alternator kit !
Which kits amps do you guys recommend and from which supplier ?
Evoloution not revolution hey !
Adi

Personally if your dynamo is working ok I'd leave it ? ( why upset what works ) if you upgrading because you need more power for equipment or you dynamo is knackered then fair enough . I've run a dynamo for years on a leisure circuit with no major problems but then again I havent much connected to it .carnt really help with the alternator but I've heard the cheaper kits from the likes of jk, gsf, ect arnt that great and best to source proper Bosch if you can

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

This is the kit I have fitted

http://www.machine7.com/product.php?xProd=13077&xSec=186&jssCart=2528e029e6c4d6ddbf04c065a026dbd6

Happily keeps my two LARGE batteries charged up and outputs 14.2v when the engine is rolling

Don't think the tagging worked! I searched high and low until I found a Bosch alternator. Spent alot more than an aftermarket one but think they're worth it. I had the Alt stand in the garage from an old engine but you can find them easily. You'll be able to get genuine alt backing plate fairly easily if you post a wanted ad on here or Facebook.

I'd always go Bosch. Spend once and don't worry about failure. Definitely don't go for the 75amp aftermarket units. They're the same as the 55amp units but with more winding and are known for poor reliability.

I've been running the cheaper 55amp from heritage for nearly 2 years now. I had read some bad reviews about them so didn't expect it to last long but so far so good (touch wood :) ). Heritage have an offer for 15% off this weekend so the cheaper kit comes in at £140. Worth thinking about, just go in with your eyes open

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Latest posts