Biggest engine size with twin 34ICT's

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VeeDubMan

Reaction score
Currently got a 1641cc, Engle 100 cam, stock heads.

If I look to increase capacity without spending mega bucks, what can I do if I keep the same carbs?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If your going bigger than 1641 the engine will need to be totally stripped and the case machined to accept bigger cylinders so it's not really gonna be a cheap affair...

But going back to your original question, I'd not go bigger than 1641 if I'm honest. The cheaper way to get more power would be getting those stock heads ported and matched to the manifolds 1776 onwards needs twin choke 36's as a minimum really.

If your going bigger than 1641 the engine will need to be totally stripped and the case machined to accept bigger cylinders so it's not really gonna be a cheap affair...

But going back to your original question, I'd not go bigger than 1641 if I'm honest. The cheaper way to get more power would be getting those stock heads ported and matched to the manifolds 1776 onwards needs twin choke 36's as a minimum really.

If you looking for top end power at high revs, those carbs are not the best. But if what you looking for is torque, or a fast response from the gas pedal, you can build a 1955cc or a 2007/2017cc and use those carbs, heads and cam. Heads will need porting to make the best out of it, but it would be a great torquey engine. I just built one 1955cc and a 2017cc with similar specs last month and both customers are over the moon. Check my Youtube videos, look for Afonso Motors.
It all depends on your driving habits, no point in making power at 6krpm if you change gears at 3-4k😉
Abel

We've just done a 1968cc stroker in a westy. 92x74, w110 cam, twin Weber 40's and ported stock heads, that thing is awesome, idles at 780rpm, pulls clean straight off idle, loads of torque and will see 5500rpm. It really does drive like a stock bus but with more power. That is due to it being a stroker and heads with good port velocity which is key for drivability and torque. Plus the Engle W110 is a tame cam with quite conservative duration and is an ideal bus cam really. It's coupled to a 6 rib gearbox and sits at 70 mph all day @ about 3500 I think

I know of and have a 1776 with twin ICT's. As long as they are jetted correctly and you don't want to go drag racing, they are perfectly adequate for a 1776, can't comment on larger size engines. Quite happy with mine...