Door drain holes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobster

Reaction score
I've just noticed that the underneath of my cab doors are getting a little crusty but I can't see any drain holes in here. Should there be some as standard or, if not, is it worthwhile adding some anyhow ?

there should be holes - and worth adding if not - should extend the life of your doors, but maybe reduce the life of the step under the
door if not painted as that's where the water will run on to !

Yes as water needs to escape. I'd also Dinitrol the inner cavity if you haven't already.

One of the pictures that Paul has posted of the door he has for sale shows them

I've just rechecked and the two drain holes at the base of the door are present. Where it's looking a little crusty is the higher flat piece alongside the seat. Had anyone added extra holes here ?

I think the idea is the water / rain that gets into the door drains to the lowest point next to the step and drips away from there.

If you put holes higher up you would have problems with water draining onto the upper wheel arch and perhaps getting into the seat area.
There shouldn't be anything obstructing the flow of rain water in the bottom of the door ( inside)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yup- you don't have doors draining onto the seatbelt mounting area ;-)
Unless you want to add exterior drain holes, which would be pretty ugly, but that's up to you- protect the inner door with as much rust prevention goop as seems appropriate and keep the drain holes at the bottom clear.

Latest posts