JK Sliding Window Stopping Sliding door from locking open

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jp

Reaction score
I was helping a mate fit his sliding door to his bus last night and we found that the catch on his newly fitted JK Sliding windows hits the door frame when you try to push it fully back to lock it (the sliding door) in the open position.

My mate spoke to JK and they said the problem is with his van not the window.

Don't suppose anyone else has had this issue?

SlidingWindow.jpg

Yes it is.. Basically the sliding door won't go into the latch which holds the door open due to the latch on to sliding window hitting the door appature of the sliding door as per the photo

Dont think sliding windows go in sliding doors, never ever seen one, so that will be your problem

I know this sounds silly but would it work if you turn the window round? (And no I don't mean putting the handle on the outside...). It's just that I seem to recall that the back of the door flicks out further than the front.

vinvan said:
Dont think sliding windows go in sliding doors, never ever seen one, so that will be your problem

I have a sliding window in my sliding door.. Just not a JK one

Zcat7 said:
I know this sounds silly but would it work if you turn the window round? (And no I don't mean putting the handle on the outside...). It's just that I seem to recall that the back of the door flicks out further than the front.

Nice idea but its believe they are supposed to go a certain way round so the front half of the window steps out from the inner one so you don't have wind and rain going against the step in the glass if you see what I mean

Try a google search, you may be able to find one that fits, also get "jp" to take a photo of his including the latch and post it on here, will be interesting to see
Looking at your photo it looks like the latch is to big to pass the pillar may be worth looking for an original VW one

Need to get a close up pic but this one shows how my door can open even with the slider slightly back.

SlidingWindow2.jpg

I think the issue my mate has here is that JK have sold a window that is not fit for purpose although they say he needs to adjust his door.. not sure how you would go about doing that.

Nice idea but its believe they are supposed to go a certain way round so the front half of the window steps out from the inner one so you don't have wind and rain going against the step in the glass if you see what I mean

Yep, I see what you mean.

So I guess it can only be the top and bottom roller that can possibly be adjusted and then that will throw the front latching and panel fit out when the door is shut surely? Can't see how it can be the door/bus' fault...

Zcat7 said:

Yep, I see what you mean.

So I guess it can only be the top and bottom roller that can possibly be adjusted and then that will throw the front latching and panel fit out when the door is shut surely? Can't see how it can be the door/bus' fault...

Think you're right... I suspect the angle grinder will be coming out at the weekend and the catch will be 're-profiled'.

Cheers everyone yes it was my bus with the issue....and it still has the same issue the door adjustment does not allow near 10mm required to clear and even if it does the door no longer shuts ! I have let jk know of my plight and so far they have not responded - never such a delay when they want your money ! Crap service if you ask me for someone who has spent thousands with them over the years. The solution is to trim the latches ....but not really what I want ! Best solution if you are thinking of sliding door sliders is don't give jk your money

Latest posts