Handbrake cable route

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DubBGood2Me

Reaction score
Evening All,

I'm working through my crew cab to get the mechanical side of things finished before it heads off to the welder ;)

I've renewed all the brake pipework, flexis, shoes, drums, etc and have installed the handbrake cables at the rear drum end. The problem I have is that the bus arrived in this country with front brakes only. There were no rear brakes and no handbrakes :shock: How the PO didn't die is beyond me. Or maybe he did and that's why his bus was for sale :shock: Anyway the cables are connected at the rear drum and pass through the pipework just below the torsion arm and appear inside the main chassis rails. But where next?? Is the pipework supposed to continue to the front or do the cables just run as cables from this point to the front????

Help?

Pics would be great.

BTW 1970 EB Crewcab

From the rear drum, the sable passes from flexy cable (comes with the cable) to conduit that runs under the load bay and up to just after the crossmember at the B post. From there the cables are loose up to the handbrake.
This page was invaluable when I did mine:

http://www.specialpatrolgroup.co.uk/spooky/conduits/conduits.html

(that one's from a later bay so it has a compensator bar near the front which yours probably won't have- they go straight to the handbrake on an early from memory)

Perfect Happystamps,

More or less what I thought. Looks like my conduit for the hand brakes has been removed by the PO. I'll get some ordered then.

Cheers Dude

1454810.jpg

Latest posts