starter motor

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobie

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Devon
I've just had to replace my starter motor on my bus, and was just wondering is there any where that reconditions them then I would have a spare, or is it not cost affective

cheers

Lobie

If it's an original Bosch then it is definitely worth reconditioning. From my experience of having one done, the Bosch spares can still all be sourced, whereas the unbranded aftermarket units generally cannot be refurbished due to spares being unavailable to purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I replaced mine I had the return the old unit to get some cash back!
Dont think its likely you would need a spare - mine was the OG one from 1970!

No many people recon starters or alternators/dynamos anymore because there's just no money in it, although there is a chap not far from me (splisby lincolnshire) that does I could give you his number if your that bothered about having a spare?
Sean

Just reconditioned my old Bosch 311 911 023C. Both the motor brushes and the solenoid were banjaxed. The only difficult part is soldering on new brushes and the contacts on the solenoid. If you can use a soldering iron then its worth a go, there's plenty of good tutorials online.

Latest posts