Main heater pipe junction

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yorkieman

Reaction score
Hi,

At the front end of my main centre heater pipe is a junction which sends hot air to the walk through vents and to a hole in the middle of the cargo floor. This junction has a movable flap which is controls the air flow. Does anybody know where this is controlled from? Is it by cable from the heater controls on the dash? I only have 3 controls but, have 2 sets of flaps on the heat exchangers and a flap in the totem and this flap in the junction underneath. I have had a look at several in depth websites through here but, none seem to mention the underneath flap in the junction, can anybody please help?

Regards,

Yorkieman

subheatadey said:
There should be a cable operated know below the front of the drivers seat, i can take a picture if you require.

A picture would be great, you mean I should have a control below my seat somewhere? Does this control flow to the rear cargo area and/or front end?

In case it helps - this is the control knob for the flap:

Under the van there should be pipe that come off the main heater pipe and up to the vent under the walkthrough.

kevinhall said:

Under the van there should be pipe that come off the main heater pipe and up to the vent under the walkthrough.

Definitely not got that, so need to get one asap and whatever goes between it and the flap in the pipe.

Thanks for the heads up.

I don't know about you yorkie but I have the upper brake reservoir there and there's no hole so maybe there are different set ups or variants.

BRAD said:
I don't know about you yorkie but I have the upper brake reservoir there and there's no hole so maybe there are different set ups or variants.

Again you are possibly right but, I definitely have the main heater pipe junction with a pipe going off to the walk through vents and a pipe going to a vent in the centre of the cargo floor and I will know more tomorrow when I go to the bus but, I think I have a hole in the seat tub where the control might go.

As to the upper brake reservoir I do have the hole where that goes, thankfully because I have all that brake stuff to fit yet. But, when I stripped the bus initially all the brake stuff and the heater stuff apart from the main pipe, junction and totem where missing along with the servo. master cylinder and all reservoirs and pipes.

My bus must have (I would think) had some sort of control for the flap in the junction because its there!!

Regards,

Yorkieman

For what it is worth, my RHD '69 has the control knob in question though it isn't attached to anything.

However I am not at all bothered about this because I don't want want to divert any of that warm lovely air in to the load bay, I want it all up front in the cab. So I have blocked off that secondary pipe, and I can't say that that the load bay has suffered because of it. :D

KevH said:
For what it is worth, my RHD '69 has the control knob in question though it isn't attached to anything.

However I am not at all bothered about this because I don't want want to divert any of that warm lovely air in to the load bay, I want it all up front in the cab. So I have blocked off that secondary pipe, and I can't say that that the load bay has suffered because of it. :D

I am blocking off the cargo floor one definitely but,would like to reinstate the walk through vents if I can get/make the control cable and acquire control knob however, if not then it might all get blocked off and the flap held open to divert all the air to the front.

Yorkieman said:
kevinhall said:

Definitely not got that, so need to get one asap and whatever goes between it and the flap in the pipe.

Thanks for the heads up.

Don't suppose anybody has a knob, and cable etc to connect to the valve underneath, they don't want.

Latest posts