Help/Advice fitting a Rusty Lee 3/4 bed please.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixty9

Reaction score
Can anyone help me? My dad is being an A hole and won't help, my mum does her best...but........
I am new to all this, I have only had experience with seats in a Beetle :)
I am trying to fit a 3/4 Rusty Lee bed in my bus. I can't get the base to a) be in the right place..when I have drilled the fixing plates they were in the wrong place and the base didn't seem to support itself self....b) the cushions seemed too low
Have now got hundreds of drill hole in bus...and still no further....
Any ideas/advice or help with fixing is greatly appreciated because I haven't got a clue what to do :oops:

Set it up as a bed, put a straight edge along the engine bay to get it in the right height and position. Get some wood-working clamps or some-such and clamp the pivots so it is set and mark the holes to drill. Don't drill through and into your tank.....

I clamped mine in the open position with a straight edge sticking out the back onto the rear section above the engine. This gives you the correct height and its just a case of marking where you need to fix. It can be a bit of a fiddly job on your own....i remember taking the skin off my knuckles fitting mine! :oops:

WHS ^^

on a side note, i also switched out the supplied nuts that go against the cushions for some nice domed ones to safe the life of my upholstery!

Liam

lemur said:
WHS ^^

on a side note, i also switched out the supplied nuts that go against the cushions for some nice domed ones to safe the life of my upholstery!

Liam

Good call they can be a bit brutal :shock:

Just fitted my Rusty Lee bed and had no issues. I put it together didn't need to open it into a bed it just seemed to fit. Drilled holes bolted it in along with new seat belts and it sits brilliantly. It's a full length so don't know if that makes a difference

Thank you everyone who replied and helped me....
Rock n roll bed is finally in my bus and good to go!!
Thank you :D

Latest posts