which beetle exhaust

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark6455

Reaction score
Im thinking of putting a beetle exhaust on my bus as i like the twin pipe idea.My engine is a 1641 so will i need a twin hot spot one?

Thanks dudes

Mark

twin hot-spot describes the connections between the heat risers on the inlet manifold and the exhaust. Single hotspot means that there are two connections (one each side of the engine), twin hot-spot means there there are 4 connections (2 each side of the engine).

Twin hotspot exhausts/heat risers are pretty rare to be honest, 99% of folk only have single.

Ive got twin kadrons so dont use heat risers there blanked off so i suppose i could use either then?

Cheers
Mark

Cheers john ive not really got vintage speed money at the mo anyway and my quiet pack empi one sounds crap

Mark

Happystamps said:
Twin hotspot exhausts/heat risers are pretty rare to be honest, 99% of folk only have single.
I have one fitted to my bus :msn4:
Mark6455 said:
Ive got twin kadrons so dont use heat risers there blanked off so i suppose i could use either then?
I have twin carbs too and have blocked off the heat-risers with these: http://www.coolairvw.co.uk/Item/Shop_by_Vehicle~Beetle_Products~Beetle_Exhaust_and_Heating_Products~Exhaust_Gaskets_-P-_Fittings~Exhaust_Gaskets_and_Clamps/AC2512501/Heat_Riser_Block_Off_Plates.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My new exhaust has the heat risers welded up. Not sure how I feel about this though.

Ive not had any issues with them blocked off george.
what exhaust you running?

my stainless 4into1 header and box arrived from JK, must admit i'm very impressed with the quality and the price was good once i mentioned i'm in a club

if your short on cash then you could get stainless manifold and cheaper steel muffler for upgrading later.. just a thought

edit:sorry just re read your original post and you wanted a bettle style twin pipe.. ignore me!

Mark6455 said:
Ive not had any issues with them blocked off george.
what exhaust you running?
Currently a twin-hotspot, twin-tailpipe beetle exhaust which will soon be swapped for a twin-hotspot stock bus exhaust.
As I run twin carbs I have no need for the hotspots so they get blocked off.

Latest posts