• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Mk 1 Polo wanted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's not a Mk1, but any good ?

Currently SORN'd, always dry stored, was going to keep it for son when he learns to drive, but I think nowadays 1.4L is a bit pokey
for a first car...!

It was owned by an elderly neighbour, has a few bumps but no rust, and mechanically perfect, though I think the battery has died from neglect.....

Would be sold with years MOT, located near Guildford

Anyone ?

I had a Polo 6N and loved it! :D

Anyway, a friend has a Mk1 Polo that's been in a garage for 5+ years. It's rust free apart frm a small hole where they all go between the fuel tank filler and rear inner wing, has only had one previous owner (his great aunt) and has done about 40k miles (maybe less, but certainly no more - it is still running the factory fitted tyres at the back). It's a 1979 so steel bumpers, 1.1 litre and is a GLS model in metalic green. Absolutely standard with no modifications so not everyone's cup of tea - folk seem to want modified Mk1s.

It runs but hasn't had an MoT since it's been laid up. I also think there is and issue with the electric cooling fan not cutting in. I'd be happy to pass on your details if you like, but bearing in mind it isn't actually up for sale I can't guarantee he'll get back to you. I do know though that he is aware of it's value so wouldn't take kindly to "500 quid and I'll take it off your hands mate" type offers ;)

It's not my car and I haven't seen it for at least 4 years, so apologies for the vagueness!

Latest posts