What’s your job ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MarkC68 said:
And very good equipment it is too.

We have some of your test rigs, extensometry and furnaces here in the UK (I work for HBM United Kingdom Ltd).

Do you know Dr. Darren Burke, one of MTS' UK Sales?

That's nice! I sure do know Mr. Burke, we met a couple of times. :)

Airtime said:
MarkC68 said:
And very good equipment it is too.

We have some of your test rigs, extensometry and furnaces here in the UK (I work for HBM United Kingdom Ltd).

Do you know Dr. Darren Burke, one of MTS' UK Sales?

That's nice! I sure do know Mr. Burke, we met a couple of times. :)

He's a decent bloke, Ive known him for a few years now.

Darren has been working with us spec'ing out some new test rigs, extensometry and other fixtures this past few months :)

Working in IT for nearly 40 years (boy do I hate it...)
Work for a packaging company (glass and metal) as the Technology Innovation manager so get to look at up and coming IT stuff.
Hoping to retire in the next 5 years (wishing my life away)

gninnam said:
Working in IT for nearly 40 years (boy do I hate it...)
Work for a packaging company (glass and metal) as the Technology Innovation manager so get to look at up and coming IT stuff.
Hoping to retire in the next 5 years (wishing my life away)

i can relate to that....

i empty bins at the moment, (in an IT compacity, i've worked for Government, Advertising, Newspapers, Health) and im sick of IT as well.

Having fun at work, raising a ship to shore crane. Jacking up 2000 ton is iffy to say the least :lol:

K@rlos said:
Having fun at work, raising a ship to shore crane. Jacking up 12000 ton is iffy to say the least :lol:
One hell of a jack :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: Not done in windy conditions :lol: :lol: :lol:
Picks up the bus without a problem then. :lol: :lol:

J & P
:D :D :D

gas1man said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: Not done in windy conditions :lol: :lol: :lol:
Picks up the bus without a problem then. :lol: :lol:

J & P
:D :D :D

Ironically when it’s too windy for the cranes to operate that’s when we get sent up them to do work and repairs :? :lol: good view though :mrgreen:

Ex military, 25 years in the Royal Engineers and now working as an SPV Manager overseeing the PFI elements of a major A&E hospital in the Midlands for my sins although hoping to retire to the South of France in 4 years :D .

Tech Support for door entry firm, use to be an installer and manager of security equipment alarms CCTV etc.

SiDev said:
Technical Manager for a company that supplies all the supermarkets with apples and pears. I am responsible for Waitrose, so I have to travel around to make sure they are the best quality, ethically sourced, produced sustainably, etc, also get to work on innovation and creating new varieties, like www.jazzapple.com which is a Braeburn crossed with a Royal Gala. Get paid to see the world which is great :D , but spend around 10 weeks a year away from the family, which isn't :( . Think "the man from Del Monte", but without the linen suit.

I honestly thought you were using rhyming slang first and you supplied supermarkets with a facility to get to an upper floor!!! 😂

I’m Head of Facilities at the UKs most famous holiday resorts.

Just about to change jobs though and become Head of Property at a fairly famous Stately Home and Safari Park.

Answers on a postcard.

25 years in the RAF working on electronics, mostly heavy radar. 20 years in IT, 18 of those working for a Japanese bank. Retired early this year due to the stress making me ill. Having the time of my life now pottering on my van and other stuff.

MOT tester and tech (not that I want to do that anymore after 48 years on the spanners) for a well known group that also sell bikes and stuff in its retail side. Still 2 1/2 years to go till I can use my bus full time for hols!!!!

Self employed Electrician with my own company, previosuly worked as an Electrical Project Manager running multiple installation projects in London. Had a seven year hiatuses when the building industry went pop and very glad I came back. Working now on building the companies reputation so I can go on to have my own sparks working for me :D

Latest posts