What’s your job ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myvanway said:
I build posh caravans...... http://prestigeparkandleisurehomes.co.uk

I did laugh a bit at your very simplified description :lol:

Design/Tendering Engineer for a company that manufactures all the kit required to get oil & gas out of the ground.. Surface & subsea.
Apprentice trained at the same company, and now completing a BEng in Mechanical Engineering with them.

Keeping the old buses running and using plenty of petrol is in my best interest!

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

sales manager for a commercial TV channel. Simply put, selling and planning TV campaigns.

Am i privileged? I do think so :mrgreen:
Started working at 11 to have pocket money in a garage back in Brazil, all i did was clean parts, tools and floor. Was surrounded by Beetles, Type 3's and Buses, as most Brazilians could not afford the more expensive cars. Bought my first Aircooled VW engine at the age 13 to strip, learn and try to rebuild. Boy, did i make mistakes? Many, many.... but that's when i started my love for these machines. Worked with them for many years in variuos garages.
Had loads of Beetles, performance engines which were mostly souped up 1600's due to the imported parts being crazy expensive(70%duty :shock: ), turbo'd running very high boost on ethanol(heaven's nectar for high boost) 8)
Then i owned a retail shop for many years until i decided i was unhappy although making good money. So i sold the shop, and bought all tools to start the engine shop i have now. I build one at the time, with lots of love and care as i do it mostly for the love and not the money aspect. What i earn now pays the bills only, but i am a happyer person now :D
Abel

Why does everybody else's job sound better then yours 😂
I'm the bloke who you come up to with a piece of wood in your hand and say have you got owt like this expecting it to the shelf. It's normally about 80years old rotten and bent.
I'm a timber machinist and work in a timber yard.

montypsx said:
Why does everybody else's job sound better then yours 😂
I'm the bloke who you come up to with a piece of wood in your hand and say have you got owt like this expecting it to the shelf. It's normally about 80years old rotten and bent.
I'm a timber machinist and work in a timber yard.

I was thinking the same !!!! Perhaps it’s time for a change !!

Orthodontics! weird but true! :mrgreen:

Commercial Manager for a construction company in the UK. But, on Sunday, I’m heading off to Dubai. Same job just hotter :lol:

Hoping to bring forward my retirement age ;)

Hence why I’ve been trying to sell the Crew Cab as its not worth paying for long term storage and it’s not exportable in its current condition.

I’m hoping there’s some sort of classic car scene over there but it seems to be all concourse stuff so not much interest to me.

DubBGood2Me said:
Commercial Manager for a construction company in the UK. But, on Sunday, I’m heading off to Dubai. Same job just hotter :lol:

Hence why I’ve been trying to sell the Crew Cab as its not worth paying for long term storage and it’s not exportable in its current condition.

I’m hoping there’s some sort of classic car scene over there but it seems to be all concourse stuff so not much interest to me.

I go to Dubai with work and there is not really a scene, just super rich with super rare old cars that shine and get the odd outing. You could change that and get the earlybay name out there so we can push those prices up of our through the roof :)

Sales Engineer for MTS Systems for the Netherlands and Flemish part of Belgium. An overview of the products of MTS Systems:

[youtube]vXOsvWpTHH4[/youtube]

I work for a French computer terminal manufacturer. (Thin Clients)

I too made a (prototype) corporate video to show the robustness of our products - but my MD would not let me show it to customers in case customers tried the same and we got sued...and apparently guns are out of favour at the moment....

[youtube] https://youtu.be/HiryuifQlkc [/youtube]

As a port engineer I get to play with lots of cool stuff

Tergberg terminal tractor units

RTG (rubber tyre gantry) container handlers

And.... The ship to shore cranes :D 10,000 ton and 300ft high. Can be a bit hairy on a windy day when your trying to repair them :lol: Got bored working on working on normal lorries so I upped the anty :mrgreen:

I'm admin in a primary school now, former librarian, former civil servant, former finance clerk, former barmaid - I like to move around in jobs.

I get to play with the beetle and bay at the weekend and evenings when it's fine. Surprising how few people I can strike up a conversation about them with at work. Carb gaskets don't seem as fascinating to others for some reason [emoji16]
544bec7bcf624cb30fa101011bc2787a.jpg
b204b270984a131417ff375af0e69cf2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I do nothing and I don't do that till after lunch!!!! Then go play with my crew cab hehehe

easy said:
DubBGood2Me said:

I go to Dubai with work and there is not really a scene, just super rich with super rare old cars that shine and get the odd outing. You could change that and get the earlybay name out there so we can push those prices up of our through the roof :)

I'm a retired Licenced Aircraft Engineer.
From 1977 until 1989 I had the only VW T2 motor caravan in Dubai. (I still have it today in Somerset)
I hope you enjoy the present day Dubai, believe me, its nothing like the super place it was in my day!
Please don't think of bringing your VW bus out there as a private individual is not allowed to own a commercial vehicle. Besides, it will go snap crackle and pop with corrosion as you stand and watch it!
Tony

DansBus said:
I'm a retired Licenced Aircraft Engineer.
From 1977 until 1989 I had the only VW T2 motor caravan in Dubai. (I still have it today in Somerset)
I hope you enjoy the present day Dubai, believe me, its nothing like the super place it was in my day!
Tony

I was out in Dubai in 1991 (there was a war going on or something) can remember sitting on the beach and sailing a laser straight off ... and going for a curry in the locals curry house above the shops, happy days. I shudder when I see the photos of what it looks like today.

Airtime said:
Sales Engineer for MTS Systems for the Netherlands and Flemish part of Belgium. An overview of the products of MTS Systems:

[youtube]vXOsvWpTHH4[/youtube]

And very good equipment it is too.

We have some of your test rigs, extensometry and furnaces here in the UK (I work for HBM United Kingdom Ltd).

Do you know Dr. Darren Burke, one of MTS' UK Sales?

Latest posts