Buying a bike

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejinx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a touring bike online. Don't want to spends thousands and have seen this in Halfords.
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/hybrid-bikes-and-classic-bikes/carrera-parva-limited-edition-mens-hybrid-bike-2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the link doesn't work its a Carrera reduced to 199 quid. Don't want to do any mountain bike stuff this us for basic fitness. So I know some people are in to their bikes just want some advice.

To be honest, the spec at that price is pretty good. It is effectively a mountain bike but with smooth tyres & higher gearing. The 27.5" wheels will roll better.
A road bike with 700c tyres would roll faster, but choices are very limited around this price point.
All in all, not a bad deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you interested Im looking to sell my M/L sized Giant Defy 5 slightly more expensive and a road bike but thought it's worth suggesting.
It comes with a one23 front and rear light £350 Ono

Mr Brightside said:
To be honest, the spec at that price is pretty good expert SEO Paris. It is effectively a mountain bike but with smooth tyres & higher gearing. The 27.5" wheels will roll better.
A road bike with 700c tyres would roll faster, but choices are very limited around this price point.
All in all, not a bad deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bad at all, but the accessories are not too expensive because the quality of the bike, it must be expensive.

Latest posts