What is everyone using instead of Photobucket?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cunning plan

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Clipper / Microbus
Now that Photobucket is rubbish, what are people using instead?

I really need to update my project blog! :shadey:

Just found this solution from 67Westy to repair existing links:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75115

I will try this later, looks like an amazing piece of coding if it works :mrgreen:

I would still like to know about future uploads though, what is the preferred upload client / service?

cunning plan said:

I will try this later, looks like an amazing piece of coding if it works :mrgreen:

I would still like to know about future uploads though, what is the preferred upload client / service?

Did you also see this one for viewing other people's broken images?

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75125

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

67westy said:
cunning plan said:

Amazing! How does it work?

:shadey:

I assume the Photobucket 'block' is just a script to check if the image is being linked to another website from Photobucket, if it is, it sends the 'blocked' image notice instead, but the real image is still on the Photobucket server for viewing directly? - So I guess your code is just going to the direct Photobucket image link, copying the image and re-hosting it with another host and creating a new image code link?

:party0047:

cunning plan said:
67westy said:
cunning plan said:

I assume the Photobucket 'block' is just a script to check if the image is being linked to another website from Photobucket, if it is, it sends the 'blocked' image notice instead, but the real image is still on the Photobucket server for viewing directly? - So I guess your code is just going to the direct Photobucket image link, copying the image and re-hosting it with another host and creating a new image code link?

Pretty much got it :) the latest version uses a workaround where if you append ~original to the URL it works. I have an older less reliable version that loads the Photobucket page and extracts the image. You also have to do a bit of trickery to get around CORS restrictions when downloading to reupload

67westy said:
cunning plan said:
67westy said:

Pretty much got it :) the latest version uses a workaround where if you append ~original to the URL it works. I have an older less reliable version that loads the Photobucket page and extracts the image. You also have to do a bit of trickery to get around CORS restrictions when downloading to reupload

Nicely done sir, thanks for taking the time to code it for us.

Where are the images being reupload to?

I didn't get a chance to try it last night, but will do! :party0021:

cunning plan said:
67westy said:
cunning plan said:

You're welcome :) they are going to uploads.im as it is one of the few places I could find that don't rate limit the API.

67westy said:
cunning plan said:
67westy said:

You're welcome :) they are going to uploads.im as it is one of the few places I could find that don't rate limit the API.

Would you be able to recode it to use a image host and account of my choice? I prefer the idea of having some control over the images, to delete them etc (although I know people can copy them).

I would pay you some beer money for your time if it does not take too long, if it does, then do not worry, I just thought it was worth asking.

Cheers!

cunning plan said:
67westy said:
cunning plan said:

Would you be able to recode it to use a image host and account of my choice? I prefer the idea of having some control over the images, to delete them etc (although I know people can copy them).

I would pay you some beer money for your time if it does not take too long, if it does, then do not worry, I just thought it was worth asking.

Cheers!
Let me know which host, depends how easy they make it :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

67westy said:
cunning plan said:
67westy said:

Cheers!
Let me know which host, depends how easy they make it :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Great! I'll compare a few and let you know!

Also, do you know Javascript well and have time for a small project making a macro on Google Sheets ? I might have a little job for you if you're interested, expenses paid, obviously. :mrgreen:

Latest posts