Life choices?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subheatadey

Reaction score
So, just wondering whether you peeps out there suffered from boredom and how you dealt with it, and how much of it is weather dependent and as to why we live in this country where the weather is generally awful. There, lets get this philosophical debate started, perfect for a Sunday :?

Well I've got 3 kids, two VW projects and a house to refurbish so I guess I'm kind of lucky as I don't get a bloody chance to be bored.

If I'm not tinkering I like clay pigeon shooting. I don't shoot live animals, not against it just don't like doing it myself. Just come back actually. I also like a bit of white water kayaking, flat stuff bores me and a bit of gardening

Coastal path walking when away camping. Checking up on the bus constantly and I have to admit to getting roped into upkeep on the house,
which I detest :lol: :lol: (my time can be far better spent on the bus.)

J & P
:D :D :D

I quess I got philosophical after watching the sci-fi film 'Arrival', which was a bit of a mind bender. I think the message was - if you can see your future would you change it??? My little brain couldn't work out if it was good or whether i'd wasted another 2 hours watching it :rofl:

To keep boredom at bay I go fishing for Bass which is best done in crappy weather. The sunny days are spent with the family and the in between days I ride mountain bike trails. And of course plenty of van time and camping in the mix too. Keep meaning to have a proper crack at learning to surf, maybe this is the year......

CornishSilver said:
To keep boredom at bay I go fishing for Bass which is best done in crappy weather. The sunny days are spent with the family and the in between days I ride mountain bike trails. And of course plenty of van time and camping in the mix too. Keep meaning to have a proper crack at learning to surf, maybe this is the year......

With a name like Cornish silver I quessing you don't live in Batley :roll:

subheatadey said:
CornishSilver said:

With a name like Cornish silver I quessing you don't live in Batley :roll:
Well thats a long way up, just checked it out on google Earth, 8 hrs in my bus!! I Live in Cornwall although not Cornish, the Cornishsilver is reference to BASS (Sea bass).

caught a forty foot basking shark once had to cut the net to lose it. never used a rod before but all the boys in work are obsessed with game fishing. I keep seeing new pictures of monster pike each week. Cornwall sounds beautiful. I was in Devon last year Nrear Red ruth. its really nice down there, i think id find it hard to get bored.

Regarding musical instruments, broke three fingers working on the bus last month, the doctor at A&E said unfortunately you wont be able to play the piano again, but not that bad as i couldn't play the piano anyway HA Ha HA

vinvan said:
Regarding musical instruments, broke three fingers working on the bus last month, the doctor at A&E said unfortunately you wont be able to play the piano again, but not that bad as i couldn't play the piano anyway HA Ha HA

BOOM BOOM TISH !!!! :lol:

Its very easy to spread yourself too thin, which I freely admit to. (Full time job, ongoing house restoration and DIY, two kids, one with some serious medical conditions, the other who is just plain difficult, a couple of rental properties, the VW, two other classic cars, two elderly (20 yr old) 'everyday' cars, a large garden, frequent trips to Ireland to sort the mother in law's 'downsizing' from the family farm, and trying to have some fun days out or short camps and family holidays.)

However - about once a year, I get a few days to go climbing mountains in Scotland with some of the fella's, and that is strenuous as they are pretty keen mountaineers - but possibly the only truly relaxing time over the course of a year. Certainly that's the only time I get to myself.

Chris Evans came out with a great line the other morning:
"The best thing to do with spare time? Keep it spare"

Good line. If only I had some spare time to keep spare, I definitely would :lol:

Play guitar, write songs, make pottery figures (Celtic travellers/mythology), hunt flotsam/jetsam on the beach and turn it into thingymajigs like pictures or sculptures, take black and white photographs with film (got an old Ernst Leitz enlarger 100 + years old), cook vegetarian food (wife has her own Wholefoods shop in Machynlleth so plenty of ingredient choices). The arts set me free from the technical work based nurse job. Recently changed my nursing role to a cardiac rehabilitation nurse, so am getting the bug to keep in shape. Bought a Fitbit and despair!!!! Seriously.......That fitbit is challenging but is a plus. Feeling better already. And my wife, two kids and five grandkids who are all a blessing. All this and the old faithful bus. Who could ask for more?

CornishSilver said:

Got any decent bass spots your willing to share? I'm heading to Cornwall in August with my rod in the bus, in the hope to catch a decent bass.we used to be allowed access into our local docks in Sheerness which was heaving with bass . Some idiot ruined it by getting the fishing club kicked out for smoking near the paper stores!!

Bigbear said:
CornishSilver said:

Got any decent bass spots your willing to share? I'm heading to Cornwall in August with my rod in the bus, in the hope to catch a decent bass.we used to be allowed access into our local docks in Sheerness which was heaving with bass . Some idiot ruined it by getting the fishing club kicked out for smoking near the paper stores!!

Where about you headed BB? If I'm around id happily take you out to a few spots, and if I'm not I will give you some info if I know the area. Do you have waders and a lure outfit?

Going to Cornwall for my hols the end of June, caravan nr Padstow, anyone any recommendations of where to visit ?????

vinvan said:
Going to Cornwall for my hols the end of June, caravan nr Padstow, anyone any recommendations of where to visit ?????
Padstow is very nice but a bit out on a limb with everywhere being a bit of a drive. Bedruthan steps 20-30min drive is very nice, only go at low water though. Its worth getting the water taxi over the estuary to Rock and having a walk around to Daymer bay. If your taking mountain bikes theres groggy woods and Cardingham trails that are worth a visit. The camel trail is a nice day out too, can ride your own or hire a bike and theres a path that goes all the way to Bodmin along the river, just going to half way to Wadebridge is a nice day out. other than that your looking at driving further afield.

CornishSilver said:
Bigbear said:
CornishSilver said:

Where about you headed BB? If I'm around id happily take you out to a few spots, and if I'm not I will give you some info if I know the area. Do you have waders and a lure outfit?

Only Newquay for a week mate, I'll not get away with squeezing a set of waders in the bus along with all the shite she makes me take! I'll definitely have some lures though, although I do usually prefer sandeels down our neck of the woods.

Brett

Latest posts