Lure Bass Fishing

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lived in Cornwall 'till my teens, fished in Fowey docks for bass & always used sandeels , mostly unsuccessful as it was easier to catch mullet & pouting.

That'll be me, I fish for three different sea angling clubs and we have a competition at different venues around the south east every few weeks. Bass fishing is my favourite though, not had a decent one for a few years now since we were banned from fishing in our local docks which was the bass hotspot.

Got any decent bass spots your willing to share? I'm heading to Cornwall in August with my rod in the bus, in the hope to catch a decent bass.we used to be allowed access into our local docks in Sheerness which was heaving with bass . Some idiot ruined it by getting the fishing club kicked out for smoking near the paper stores!!
[/quote]

Where about you headed BB? If I'm around id happily take you out to a few spots, and if I'm not I will give you some info if I know the area. Do you have waders and a lure outfit?
[/quote]

Only Newquay for a week mate, I'll not get away with squeezing a set of waders in the bus along with all the shite she makes me take! I'll definitely have some lures though, although I do usually prefer sandeels down our neck of the woods.

Brett
[/quote]I normally fish the south coast but I have fished Newquay a few times and had Bass every visit. Savage gear sandeel in Pearl white, 23g will do you well there. You don't need waders so much there as theres some good rocky gullys that are higher up, you will get wet though. The Eastern end of Fistral on a flooding tide at dawn or dusk, 3ft surf with a light south westerly and I'm sure you will get some action. Watch out for rouge wave's, usually a death a year due to them, another reason I prefer the south coast.

Hi i was hopeing someone here could give me some help on fishing bass at night with lures. Like is there diffrent lures i should use ? Dose colour matter at night ? etc thanks for any help

Where about are you fishing for Bass (just roughly)? If you are down my way I have plenty of info for you, but if you are in Panama then I'm not sure it would be relevant