• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Free Interior - quick collection needed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Chutney

Reaction score
This is the interior available free to collector, I'm based in Cwmcarn, Newport, S. Wales (NP11 7EU).

It was originally taken from my 1978 Bay, then used for a few years in my '71 Bay.

I believe its a Robert Holdsworth conversion, it comprises of 3/4 rear seat, Sink/Cooler Unit, Cooker Unit, Small Seat that sits behind drivers seat, a small unit that goes between the seats and Table. I searched and searched, but can't find a pic of the interior in the van.

We removed it to fit a full width R&R bed as we're both getting older and wider!

The front/top of the units has been covered in Fablon but can be easily removed and the glue cleaned off, probably with soap and water, or maybe acetate, its peeling off already so I don't imaging it to be a big job. (I decided to repurpose the Cooker unit, so had to strip the fablon and clean up before painting, this took all of 10 minutes).

The cooker is in full working order, has a wind break, and comes with the original grill pan, the Cooer unit has been re-used and is currently unavailable.

The bed is made up by unfolding the small seat, then the table fits in-between this and the rear sit, then the cushions fit in the space to make a mattress.

Unfortunately we had a leaky roof and the rear seat suffered some water damage, this isn't structural but would need cleaning, revarnishing or fixing.

This is ideally suited for someone who needs an interior on a tiny budget, personally I'd ditch the rear seat and replace it with a 3/4 Rock and Roll bed and you have a complete interior, I have an old set of R&R Brackets available also for a fair price.

The Table leg sits on the floor and then theres bracket to fit it above the middle/side storage box.

No cushions unfortunately as they have been reused elsewhere.

So altogether theres the bed that sits at the back to the right of the sink/cooler unit, and a buddy seat type box that sits behind the drivers seat, a table with leg and a bits that make up a small storage box between the rear seat and buddy seat. I will be replacing the Cooker unit shortly so that may be available later.

All available bits need to be collected asap otherwise they will be going to the tip as I need to free up the space.

Pics below
Bed
DSC_0231_zpsnr7cmofv.jpg

Water damage close up
DSC_0232_zpseblisfng.jpg

Sink Unit
DSC_0236_zpsaxx9onaw.jpg

Cooler
DSC_0239_zpsgwnyyegk.jpg

Sink
DSC_0240_zpss2icjb7d.jpg

Cooker Unit
DSC_0245_zpsclemekho.jpg

Storage beneath cooker, box comes out to allow Gas bottle storage below.
DSC_0246_zps9hvxjtnm.jpg

Storage Box that sits between the seats
DSC_0249_zpswehk8oeu.jpg

Side seat, unfolds to make bottom of bed
DSC_0251_zpsyswykcbw.jpg

Table, shows the original colour under the Fablon. Also sits between rear seat and side seat to make bed
DSC_0253_zpsdwhai94j.jpg

Latest posts