• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vw t4 swap for adventure wagon, high top or westy pop top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Si.Turner

Reaction score
Hi there, testing the water here. Low mileaged vw t4 (98800) 1.9td campervan. The van has been converted to a very high standard by Toby at t4 life in Preston. The unit are high quality and suit the van really well. All interior works include fully built in units, fitted with a smev 9222 double gas hob and sink with 12v water pump. Pms3 power unit running a split charge relay and leisure battery. Gas and water bottles nicely hidden away in the clothes cupboard under a false panel. Fully built in Waeco myfridge wine cooler (12v). The units had to be specially adapted to house this so makes them slightly a one off. The van has been insulated on the floor, walls and ceiling. The ceiling benefits from 6 led spot lights and an alacantra material running from the back doors the the front windscreen. Many ceiling materials only run up to the cab decide rail but it has been fitted throughout in mine. The cupboard units have also been fitted with led lights in the plinth. A really nice rock and roll bed has been fitted which benefits from x2 seat belts and bolt in head rests. There is also plenty of storage underneath the rock and roll bed.

The main cab area is standard apart from a one off gear lever made by a friend of mine out of one piece of steel. Due to the length of the gear stick the short shift modification was done for easier gear change. Seat wise it has a single drivers and double passenger seat set up. The head unit unit pops out so dvds can be watched on this. I also a have 19" 12v tv and bracket that I use in the rear. The van has been lowered a lot on adjustable Gaz shocks and 16" banded steels that are duck egg blue in colour. The van has a side exit exhaust from the manifold back, also decat so quite load. Bumpers and wing mirrors have been colour coded. A j rail has been fitted to the gutter channel on the roof to work with a figure 8 system for a drive away awning. Grey Van x black out curtains to all rear windows and also fitted is a grey van x cab devide. External thermal just kampers wrap around for the front windscreen.

I am the 3rd owner of the van and all works have been done in my 4 years of owner ship. Unfortunately the van didn't come with full service history but all checks were done to ensure mileage is correct and receipts for cam belt an alternate replacement came with the van. 1 key fits all locks and ignition. There are 3 keys for the van, 2 original and the one I use for the van.

A lot of time and effort has gone in to this van but the air cooled bug has gripped hold of me and won't go away!! I have never owned an air cooled vehicle so stepping in to the unknown.

Looking for a swap for adventure wagon, high top or westy pop top as my little girl isn't so little anymore a roof bed would be ideal. Adventure wagon or high top I will make a roof bed.

Thanks very much for reading the ad,

Simon

Latest posts