• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

69 Tin top westy. Fully restored. beautiful condition.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve92

Reaction score
Welcome to my listing for my beloved 1969 VW early bay camper. I have owned this van for over ten years, and loved every minute of it. In my ownership it has been fully restored to a high standard, winning 3rd in show at VW festival in Leeds after restoration. It was imported from Colorado some years ago by Karmann Connection, and had one previous uk owner. The previous owner had a recon engine fitted, which I have to say is extremely strong. The only problems I've had with the engine are points problems and the generator failing. To counter these problems I fitted an electronic ignition kit and an alternator conversion kit. Since these were fitted I've had no problems at all with the engine. I have extensively toured the south coast and Scotland over the years with no problems at all. The interior is westfalia which includes wardrobe, buddy seat, origional birch ply head lining, cab bunk and rear luggage net. The underside of this van is in fantastic condition. The only welding it has had is one third of a cab floor(worn by the heal of the foot) one battery tray, and a small section of front wheel arch. I have had the underside wax oiled three times in my ownership, the last time in February this year. It had its last MOT in February this year also, and has covered less than 200 miles since. Just before the last MOT I had the brakes adjusted, the steering idler pin replaced and the steering box adjusted, as these issues were advisories at the previous MOT. The van has been lowered by about 3 inches using Red9 design easyrider on the front, which gives you adjustable coilovers. The rear has Red9 design lowered spring plates. I believe this gives the van great looks, but is still extremely practicle. I've never had any problems getting on or off campsites etc etc. There is a 240v hookup neatly situated in the engine bay, with two sockets descretly hidden in the interior. there is also a split charge relay, and I have a spare leisure battery I will include. Above the engine there is a firetec automatic fire extinguisher for peace of mind. It is tax exempt, and would I believe be MOT exempt if applied for. I have an extensive history file from it's uk ownership. The van is LHD which really is easy to get used to, and in my opinion is a very small trade off to a uk van which generally have more issues with rust. Pre restoration the van had some dents and scrapes but was an extremely solid virually rust free van. I have restoration pictures available at request. I also have the origional wheels which I will include although these will need new tyres and a refurb. The wheels currently fitted are JGE Radars. The van really is a great example which I will be sad to see go! I am selling as I converted a modern van a few years ago which we use alot now. I think this van needs to go to a good home now, where it is going to get used and loved. I will except payment by cleared bank transfer only. Looking for offers around £18,995 Thanks for looking.
As well as the pictures below I have done a walkaround video. Here is the link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zs0kg83yf2E4ryxYfwuiPmnttazzADWe/view?usp=sharing

Hi. Could you private message me to let me know if your van is still for sale please? Thanks, Alex

Latest posts