• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE: 1968 Deluxe twin slider

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcvw

Reaction score
Ok Earlybayers, My trusty bus is up for grabs! It's an absolute smasher, and one of only two (68 deluxe twin sliders) that I know of (in this country). Unfortunately the treestump-pulling twin-44 2028cc motor won't be included in the sale - and nor will the Enkei 5-spokes, but it'll have a 1600tp and a choice of Flat-4 sprints or EMPI slot mags (plus the original 14 steel wheels). The reason it's for sale is that I'm an old fecker, our dogs don't like the roar of the motor and as such I will be joining the T25 pipe n slippers brigade :D

The bus has got all the right bits. Rare as rocking horse shit twin flipper middle seat. EZ rear seat brackets (so rear bench folds down). Narrowed beam (T2d), dropped spindles (T2d), CSP wide-5 discs (front), adjustable rear spring plates (T2d), 6rib 2L gearbox, narrowed rear end (by Slamwerks), full rewire, new window seals and trim, total mechanical overhaul (brake lines, hoses, rubbers etc etc, firetec extinguisher system, underside was stripped back to metal then primed then body coloured then waxoyled. Basically it's totally sorted and has been worked on by Ted n Guy @ Slamwerks, Deaddubs (Derby), Gadget (who literally bled on it) and last but not least Dirty Barry (Kult Klassix). The interior is original and it's currently configured as a microbus (with seating for 8 - including 3 seat belts on the rear bench) it just needs the interior either reupholstered (and kept as a microbus) or replace the seating with a camping setup.

The history behind the bus is this...
I bought the bus from a guy (Richard) in Holland back in 2006 (I think). It was first purchased from VW by an egg salesman in Germany who actually specified that they didn't want the middle 'double-flipper' seat! I have the original paperwork - and copies of a lot of other documents so the bus has some good original history. Before Richard owned the bus it was owned by a guy called Max (also in Holland). I don't know a great deal about what condition the bus was in when Max owned it, but I believe that Richard didn't do anything to the bus other than store it for a few years then sell it (to me!). I also still have the dutch plates - which is cool – and maybe helpful for you too (when registering back in Europe)?

Since I got the bus it's been a work in progress project and it has been 95% restored - the 5% left to do is the interior. Being a twin-slider it's great using as a mini-bus and having doors on both sides has been so cool when you're loaded up with six (yep 6) kids!!

The link below has a load of pictures of when the bus arrived with me, was stripped down, then after painting (before re-fit). There's also pictures that the previous owner sent me (which is basically all I saw before I bought the bus)

https://s179.photobucket.com/user/mcvwuk/library/68dd?page=8

75392816_10157805246548669_5818697426332024832_n.jpg

To prise this bus away from me your gonna have to offer me £15500 (or damn close to this amount). I've been told this price is too cheap, but I'm only human and believe that the next owner is gonna have a whole heap of fun with this!

The bus is located in West Sussex but I'll be taking it to Slough (or rather Newbury on Nov 10th). PM me for more details/arrange viewings before Slough.

Cheers, Mike :mrgreen:

Hi Mike,

Cool bus. What's about the link? I can see your guitars but no early bay!? ;-)

Cheers Flo

Hi Mike,

Cool bus. What's about the link? I can see your guitars but no early bay!? ;-)

Cheers Flo

Hi Flo, I don't know to be honest. I can paste the URL into a browser and it takes me to page 8 of the album 68dd - from there you can navigate back through the pages. Thanks mike

Hi Mike,
Finaly i got it ;-)
Wich type of front beam did you install?
2", 3" or 4" narrowed?
Looks realy cool!!!
What do you mean with narrowed rear end?

Cheers Flo

Hi Flo,

From memory I think the beam is 3" narrowed. I'm seeing Paul from t2d tomorrow so will see what he thinks. Otherwise I'll just measure it :)

Regarding the narrowed rear end I believe the torsion bar housing tubes had a section (1" I think) cut off from each side which brings the rear wheels in slightly so you can run wider wheels/tyres with less chance of them rubbing against the rear arches. Any more questions let me know :) cheers, mike

mcvw said:
Would consider a PX + cash for a T25 westy or Devon or caravelle gl :)
I have got a PX (or even better: PY) Peugeot but I'll bet that's not what you're after 😉.

Seriously: I'm the Richard you've bought the bus from and it's stunning. One year only colour BTW 👍

Brillie said:
mcvw said:
Would consider a PX + cash for a T25 westy or Devon or caravelle gl :)
I have got a PX (or even better: PY) Peugeot but I'll bet that's not what you're after 😉.

Seriously: I'm the Richard you've bought the bus from and it's stunning. One year only colour BTW 👍

Hey Richard, Great to hear from you! Drop me a PM and we'll catch-up :D

Latest posts