• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Original 1969 earlybay Devon torvette

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

higgins

Reaction score
1969 British registered Devon Torvette in Brilliant blue. Full service History book, bill of sale, and every MOT from 1972. Heaps of paperwork history and only covered 97,200 miles from new. Tax and MOT excempt. Father and son ownership from new until I bought it in 2005. Then I sold it to a Steve at Wolfsburg, to buy a T5 California. Steve offered it back to me and because it was such a lovely rare van! I bought it back. I will be truly gutted when it is gone. In my and many opinions, its the best bus I have owned and the best Devon Torvette I have seen out there.

This I believe is an exceptional original Earlybay Devon Torvette. She as the complete original Devon a Torvette interior including the cushions and curtains. She was sympathetically restored approx 5yrs ago by, in my opinion, one of the best VW restores in the country, Steve from Wolfsburg VW. Feel free to ring Steve if you want to know about the van before, during and after restoration, his number is 07811131586. I have pictures of the complete work. She as the original Motent drive away awning, Gas heater, roof rack and sun canopy which was bought at a later date. She has been dry stored when not in use all her life and she comes with a dust/waterproof cover.

She as won many best in show and everything works as it should. I think the pictures speak for themselves. Reduced £24k.
My number is 07366778635

Hi
The bus looks fantastic - what was the extent of the restoration?
Thanks

Hi,
It was a full resto sympathetically done! There were no panels replaced only a few small rusty parts cut out and only hand made pieces replaced. Complete respray in original colour. New seals, stainless steel exhaust, waxoyld etc. The interior was in excellent condition before the resto so only required a re varnished.
I have loads of pictures before, during and after the resto and she was one of the best vans I have owned. I actually sold the van to Steve from Volksburg, to buy a T5 California, but when I went to see here after Steve restored her, I sold my California and bought her back, because I knew how solid and good the van was before the Resto. She as won many best in show and I think she is probably one of the best Earlybay Devons out there.
Thanks

higgins said:
1969 British registered Devon Torvette in Brilliant blue. Full service History book, bill of sale, and every MOT from 1972. Heaps of paperwork history and only covered 97,200 miles from new. Tax excempt. This I believe is an exceptional original Earlybay Devon Torvette. She as the complete original Devon a Torvette interior including the cushions and curtains. She was sympathetically restored approx 5yrs ago by, in my opinion, one of the best VW restores in the country, Steve from Wolfsburg VW. I have pictures of the complete work. She as the original Motent drive away awning, Gas heater, roof rack and sun canopy which was bought at a later date. She has been dry stored when not in use all her life and she comes with a waterproof cover. She as won many best in show and everything works as it should. I think the pictures speak for themselves. I want £26k please:)

[/url

[url=https://postimg.cc/xNCZ3vsM]

higgins said:
1969 British registered Devon Torvette in Brilliant blue. Full service History book, bill of sale, and every MOT from 1972. Heaps of paperwork history and only covered 97,200 miles from new. Tax and MOT excempt. Father and son ownership from new until I bought it in 2005. Then I sold it to a Steve at Wolfsburg, to buy a T5 California. Steve offered it back to me and because it was such a lovely rare van! I bought it back. I will be truly gutted when it is gone. In my and many opinions, its the best bus I have owned and the best Devon Torvette I have seen out there.

This I believe is an exceptional original Earlybay Devon Torvette. She as the complete original Devon a Torvette interior including the cushions and curtains. She was sympathetically restored approx 5yrs ago by, in my opinion, one of the best VW restores in the country, Steve from Wolfsburg VW. Feel free to ring Steve if you want to know about the van before, during and after restoration, his number is 07811131586. I have pictures of the complete work. She as the original Motent drive away awning, Gas heater, roof rack and sun canopy which was bought at a later date. She has been dry stored when not in use all her life and she comes with a dust/waterproof cover.

She as won many best in show and everything works as it should. I think the pictures speak for themselves. Reduced £24k.
My number is 07366778635

Latest posts