• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale: 1970 tin-top deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

de-inked

Reaction score
For sale: 1970 tin-top deluxe. Florida import.
Van is fully UK registered, MOT and tax exempt (was MOT’d but now MOT exempt)
I bought this as a keeper, but my missus says I can only drive one toy at a time so this bus is up for sale as I've found something new that tickles my fancy.

Bodywork.
:: Montanta red mostly OG paint (I think bits may have been resprayed in US). A few dents etc. OG Deluxe beltline trim complete.
:: All the structural welding completed, this includes: both outer sills, front cab floor, lower front steps (both sides), front inner and outer lower panel, repairs to 2 outriggers, battery tray, and some other non structural repairs like around the headlight bowls and windscreen. Repairs painted in red oxide
:: Gutters perfect. Roof looks like it’s been painted with a paint-roller at some point
:: OG doors and hatches (yep... 1-key fits all). All fit great and function as they should although a few small holes on bottom of cab doors and engine hatch a bit wonky

Mechanicals:
Engine: believed to be matching numbers, rebuilt 1600tp. Tinware, support bar, etc have all been shotblasted and powder coated. New Wolsfburg West fuel tank, sender and AA fuel lines fitted early 2018.
Gearbox: no problems noted, gear selection to be as expected. CVs regreased/rebooted early 2018.
Brakes: fully over hauled with a new master cylinder, new handbrake cables, wheel cylinders and shoes.
Suspension: lowered a respectable amount via cut & turned front beam, 1-spline rear – still running full height tyres (tyres as new)

All bodywork, brakes, suspension and engine rebuild completed by a local VW garage who restore and rebuild VW's, commissioned by the chap I brought the bus from.

Interior:
Cab: Mostly OG wysiwyg (have OG seatbelts if preferred but they dont work!)
Headliner: 100% OG (slight dis-colouration and small tears)
Out back: re-fitted with new full width Vanwurks R/R bed, custom cabinet; new re-upholstery; panels; flooring etc. (was trying to make it pimpin’ for my missus!) Can take out and supply with all OG panels, rear bench seat and tatty mats if preferred.

For sale for £12½K. May consider px with a late karmann ghia. Based in Norwich, Norfolk. PM me for more details.

did i mention it comes with a pretty cool ex-air-con-thingy i was going to convert into a cab-dividing headbanger unit with speakers and lighting...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1fxgtc85xjheos/015a.jpg?dl=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts