• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 Montana Red Poptop Westy £10,000 ONO

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ezcamper

Reaction score
May 1969 Montana red pop-top Westfalia, originally imported from California in 2013 by Graham at FBI VW, I purchased the vehicle in 2015 having looked at 10 plus early bays, this one retaining its original paint and interior. and being 99% rust free (chassis like new) but it wasn't really for sale as he had started to get it ready for UK registration, going thru the brakes new wheel cylinders hose's and a master cylinder and can’t remember if the wheel bearings were new or just re greased but they are silky smooth. any way I manged to pry it from him.

To get it UK registered (reg ANK 484G) I went thru the electrics which bar a head light relay was fine, I them added a Split charge relay and wiring so the interior lights now run of the leisure battery as does the 12v socket and there is also a wire for the radio so this can be left on without fear of draining the starter battery. I also wanted to keep the OG SWF All Red Tail Lens, which have euro bulb holder so have separate brake and indicators and still have the backup lights

The interior is very Original with its very hard and I believe one year only Sink Unit but with later Stainless sink on top but the OG now available from NLA VW https://nlavw.com/interior/423-white-plastic-sink-for-1968-westfalia-camper-as-original.html, It has its Original Mustard Covers (Missing the one that goes over the engine), OG Rear Flooring, Roof Hammock and Childs Cab Hammock. It also has a new replacement Birch head lining and interior panels and a rubber cab mat.

The exterior is also very good with 98% Original paint and very little welding (a very small path on each dog leg and a battery tray) the bus has also at some point been backed into a post, taking out the rear valance engine lid and hinge panel which was is an older repair it all lines up fine but could do with some tidying up but could be used as is (I was going to) also have the rear bumper, irons and splash guards

I have loads more photos and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

macca's bay said:
Hi .
What engine is fitted?.
Where ere are you based and can you send some more pics over please.
[email protected]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Sorry for late reply, have send some pic's
It Has no engine fitted at the mo, i do have a single port that can go with it, was running when i bought it

James

Latest posts