• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD. '69 South African tin top for sale. SOLD.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sucram

Reaction score
Hi all,
you may remember 4 years ago we thought we wanted to sell Elsa, our ‘69 SA tin top ex-church minibus, now with a devon interior. The link to her story is below. We did have a lovely young couple that wanted to buy her at the time, but my partner Jayne had a change of heart and couldn’t let her go.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58212&p=486481&hilit=elsa#p486481

Since then Elsa has had very little use, just the annual drive to the MOT station and a small run round the local area to dust off the cobwebs.
I would recommend that she had a really good once over before going on any trips, just in case - although she has sailed through the MOT without any issue (no longer required just to exemption, but I took her for peace of mind).

While it's not a show winner, it is a very solid, genuine bus and would make an interesting exhibit at any show.

We've had some great times in this bus but we know this time she has to find a new home, we would consider px for something bigger, more modern and more comfortable.

Located in Pontefract and looking for £12,500

PM me for any more info

thanks for reading,

Marcus

Hello
What a lovely van - is she still for sale?
Thanks

Hi there. Looks like the bus I’ve been looking for! Any more pics of the under side, or any ropey bits just to get a full picture?
Cheers
Dave

By ropey bits, I mean any bits that might need attention. Looks really solid and I’m genuinely interested!

Hi is the bus still forsale and would you be intrested in a t5 thanks

Yes it's still for sale waiting for the right owner. Can take more pics including the underside tomorrow, but it is very solid, only welding done, is to drivers side of the cab floor, battery tray and lower inner and outer front panel, the rest of the bodywork is all original. It's never been used in the UK winter, always garages.

We've just insured HUM for another 12 months through Just Campers - still reasonable @ £117 but it's gone up over £20 since last year.

I know we had some interest a couple of weeks ago, but nothing came of it, so it's still for sale.

To answer a few questions.

Engine is a standard 1.6 single port, but with upgraded ignition system using Flame thrower coil, electronic ignition and spark plug leads.

The Bus has been lowered with adjusters welded into the front beam and has short dampers fitted. The rear has been lowered on the spring plates, one or two notches and Spax adjustable dampers.

It also had a reconditioned early bay gearbox fitted around ten years ago, but has only done a few hundred miles. The gearbox has been modified to take the later bay thrust bearing and clutch cover as we had a couple of breakdown due to the early bay thrust bearing parting company with the clutch fork.

The standard gearstick has been replaced with a 'Scat' quick shift gearstick.

The front windscreen as been replace with a new Top Tint laminated windscreen and seal.

While the Bus still has the original radio fitted, but not connected, we fitted a Sony head unit into the glove box and a power amp behind the passenger seat with speakers in the rear seat/bed unit.

Split battery charging has been installed to power the head unit etc, but a new leisure battery is now needed.

The interior is from another Devon camper. We rebuilt it where needed. New cushions were made, to the original Devon specification.

Over the last eight years it has had very little use and for the last four years or so it's only been going out to the M.O.T station and the odd couple of mile trip around where we live.

Any interest, then please send us a PM and we will do our best to answer all question. 😊

I have a 1957 oval beetle wonder if you have any interest in px/swap?
If you msg me I can send pics!

PRICE DROP. £10,000.

We have lost our garage storage and our Bay has to sit out on the drive under a JK cover. I have noticed both front brake wheel cylinders may need attention as the bottom of the brake drum back plates look damp, but still have a brake pedal pressure. With this in mind and the van now out side we'd like to find a new home for her pretty quick. I will also help with delivery transport costs and am willing to pay £75 towards costs if required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts