• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 early bay Texas sunburnt project just in

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1969 early bay Texas sunburnt project just in

Here we have just in from Texas is this Sunburnt dry import . This is a 1969 year model , its in good condition rust wise and solid. There are a few areas that need some work welding but its a very good base, the areas that I can see are the cab floor has a few rusted through patches but easy repair as its minor patches , the rear roof corner needs attention and the leading edge, a few pin holes on the front dog leg but douse not require one just needs a patch repair...and obviously a few small parts I have missed ...but this is the best one I have seen in a long time looking at the inner wheel arches etc all good tubs as you can see in the pictures very solid except the parts mentioned .Very good condition doors and very good condition hatch .. I wish mine had started of like it, its a roller and has its engine and gearbox still in the van , it has geat doors and dog legs, arches panels are in good conditon and the roof is good.There is a small rust repair required on the rear corner, and front floor that is a very easy repair and a few small other areas but compared to a lot of other buses this is a good one , needs only minimal repair.I will photo that bits in the next couple of day.It has glass all there, it needs lights and bumpers etc , but as mentioned it is a great start project , and love that Patina. I would get it re commissioned and sort the bits it needs and drive this as it is, the Sunburnt is lovely and with a nice set of wheels would be great to take to the shows next year . I have done lots of pictures of inside the wheel arch so you can see how good this bus is and the lower corners are all good it will save you a lot of money and time starting of with a project like this with great bones. The reason I got this bus is because of how good the underside is, obviously a few dings etc but very good for the age . I will upload more pictures in the next day or two of the inside of the bus , it has a bare inside so its a blank canvas . Thanks for looking , can possibly have someone deliver this to you , but would have to be paid 1st , If you want any more information you can pm me and please use the link to photo bucket for more picture.
£4750
All relevant import documents and Title will come with the bus .
Thanks for looking
IMG_20181013_114351305_HDR_zpsamolh4id.jpg

IMG_20181013_114408358_HDR_zpsqev32yz5.jpg

IMG_20181013_114301224_zpsshp2zmzg.jpg

more pictures available at :
http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/oldschoolveedubs/library/1969 Sunburnt Bus

Has anyone been to view this in the flesh.i am miles and miles away but could be interested.is it as good as it looks.....

Please view more pictures via the link attached, this is how the bus stands now and was imported like this a couple of weeks ago , what you see is how it is currently and its not hiding anything.. the only thing that needs work it rear roof area and the leading edge as mentioned ,engine turns over by hand so not ceased so that's a good point , its a good bare project and have taken photos of most areas , if you look and the inner wheel tub areas in great condition . , will be a great start project for someone for the price we are asking , I wish my own westy was as good as this to start with .Scotti_P if you want anymore info let me know and the same with anyone else that emailed and interested :D

Please view more pictures available at http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/oldschoolveedubs/library/1969%20Sunburnt%20Bus
We also have website you can view this bus and other buses that will be available soon
( Its a work in progress so please bare with us , we will be adding parts and VW beetle and vehicles in the near future thanks )
www.oldschoolveedubs.com

advertised elsewhere now , thanks for looking
please also check out the website www.oldschoolveedubs.com
thanks

Latest posts