• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 Westfalia for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wadeiw

Reaction score
Nellie is a rare solid RHD early Bay, she has a SO 67R interior which can comfortably accommodate four people. Totally reliable Bus with no expense spared and ready to go with a fresh MOT and just serviced. She always draws loads of attention wherever she goes, change of job forces reluctant sale, far too much to list so if you are genuinely interested please contact me for more details. Professionally Waxoiled and undersealed so will look this good for the next 46 years, the pictures speak for themselves. Thanks for looking. Located on the Isle of Wight, I’m happy to meet the boat. Price £19,750

Nellie is a rare RHD original solid 1971 ( the best year to have) Westfalia camper, she is among the best you will find anywhere.

Original interior with canvas hammocks in roof and over cab, 240v hook up, fitted rear seatbelts and a new roof canvas. I could almost write an essay if not careful so here’s a quick overview.

Nellie was imported from South Africa in 2011 because of her great original condition and being a factory right hand drive. Once here she had her MOT and was U.K. registered. From March to August 2011 she was with the team at Volkswagen Evolution where she underwent a full professional restoration, no expense was spared and as she was being rebuilt after her respray and professional rust proofing it would be to much to list on here. I do have a full breakdown with receipts for the future owner to keep. She went back to Volkswagen Evolution in October that year where she was sympathetically lowered, this included new steering damper, beam adjusters and shock absorbers all round. She hasn’t been slammed so drives lovely and still good on lanes for campsites.

She has always been garaged, serviced and and well maintained, the most recent work carried out was in May 2018 and included an engine strip down to find and fix a small oil leak, a new heavy duty clutch, thrust bearing and main shaft bearing. Then clean and refit engine and test.

This is a genuine sale and comes with a current MOT, she is now MOT and Tax exempt.

Comes with lots of extras if needed so ready to go camping. I am happy to meet any buyer off of the car or high speed ferries to the Isle of Wight and pay for the return leg if you buy Nellie, Any queries please ask me on 01983 613315 or 07792164023. Buyer to arrange collection.

If you have any specific questions please let me know.

Thanks for looking.

Latest posts