• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 Very Original Tintop Early Bay with Westfalia Interior

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauldee

Reaction score
This is a very original 1969 Lotus White early bay, imported from Nevada 5 years ago by Rick Rowarth of Alan Schofield and owned by me since then.

This is a very original vehicle, it has spent most of its life in Nevada, and from the state of the paint I think it must have been stored indoors. It has most of the original paint, the rear offside corner and nearside sill has been replaced but that's it. I found a bit off rust on the nearside wheel arch which will need some attention soon, I have tried to show this in the pictures.

Mechanically it hasn't needed much over the years and the only time it let me down was in a stationary 3 hour festival queue on a scorching day which would test any VW.

Not an original Westy, but it has a 1970 Campmobile interior. It could be properly 'Westified' with some louvered windows etc. I even have the metal plates that go on the dogleg. I always planned to do this but never got round to it. The seat back cover has recently been replaced with a repro version. The stool is a fake made by me, and not very well I may add :lol: so please don't think that's original.

While it's not a show winner as it is, it is a very interesting bus and would make an interesting exhibit at any show.

We've had some great times in this bus but we're opting for something bigger, more modern and more comfortable.

Located in South Manchester and looking for £11,000

More photos here: More photos here: https://imgur.com/a/lzcZFVh

1jCWRMB.jpg

0IOKcDX.jpg

PNOmisG.jpg

9hl2OP8.jpg

rFI5Lsx.jpg

XdIZFVT.jpg

LpHD45C.jpg

ae97Msx.jpg

OFQygeJ.jpg

rl2h0IW.jpg

Photobucket has gone seriously downhill since I last used it so I replaced the hosting of the photos. Still got the link there but PM me if you want them emailed to you.

Latest posts