• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 Patina Tintop

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackbetts1994

Reaction score
Due to wanting a change buying a yank I am listing my 1969 Bay for sale. £9500 ono

It was imported from San Francisco, California, around 18 months ago. I have owned it for the past year and a bit. I am the first registered UK keeper and put it on the road over here. It still contains mostly original VW metal. Inner arches and chassis are all in good condition and are as far as I am aware original. It has previously had some welding repairs in the past and I welded in a floor section to get it on the road. The sliding door could do with a repair at the bottom, however it doesn't leak and isn't structural.

I have fitted UK spec rear lights so it has a seperate indicator to the brake light on the rear. Everything works as it should and there is a modern stereo in the glovebox with bluetooth and aux connections. The rear bench seat has Z-hinges fitted and folds out into a full size bed. I will also include a second centre bench seat if wanted to make it into an 8-seater microbus. I have all the red interior panels for it minus the rear door, however some need new backs before fitting. Driver's seat has definitely seen better days, but I've sat on it without being too uncomfortable for thousands of miles now!

It runs the original 1600 single port motor on a single carb. Starts on the button everytime. It uses a pertronix electronic ignition as opposed to points and condenser. New fuel lines throughout. New front shocks, new rear shocks I have ready to fit and will do before it goes. Few other bits with it too.

I have driven to South Wales, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany in it without any major issues. I'll be sad to see it go, but working through my list of cars I want to own!

I will also include a stainless steel 3-bow roofrack, roof bars and a good fitting van cover. It is now tax and MOT exempt.

Any questions please send me a message
Looking for £9500 ono
Located in Barnsley, South Yorkshire.
Can be cheaper without the roof rack, centre bench etc. Talk to me!
07986 263952

MORE PICTURES HERE: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1VnLj3DuOLt7_3O9Pmjzw8r42GkNqWQQV

40596921331_7fc8e4c73d_h.jpg

38957314322_c8efee415f_h.jpg

Latest posts