• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 VW Westfalia Chianti Red Project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grazzer

Reaction score
Ok, so I have for sale the ultimate project for all you Early Bay lovers out there. Bought from a good friend of mine in Oklahoma, I have just got this lovely (in my eye's anyway) Chianti Red 1971 Westfalia Pop Top.
Make no mistake, this needs work and I would be happy to do it myself if I had sold my Tintop Westy, but I haven't...so as funds are a bit tight I need to sell one or the other, and this is cheaper!
Very rare Chianti Red original Westfalia USA spec van
Most of the interior is in great nick, but needs stripping out and cleaning. Needs to have the usual birch ply interior panels replaced, and some of the mustard seat covers aren't great, but most is available these days. Will need a roof canvas.
Body is rock solid. No rust in the frame except for the battery tray and the spare wheel well, otherwise a tiny hole in the floor and nowt else.
All original fittings are there, including the original service book, although it has had a mouse eat a bit of it.
Engine is all there, but seized.
This is a great project, but it will need lots of money spent on it including a full repaint, seal kit and a rebuilt engine at the very least.
Price is 8k firm. We have the title and the vehicle is on NOVA.
Pics to follow

I know the above looks like a freak show but under all that mess is a solid VW camper that has the potential to be something very special. Remember, this is the perfect bay, disc brakes, twin port 1600cc engine and Chianti red!!
Pm me for more details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts