• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 early bay. 11 months mot. £8495.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crags

Reaction score
Hi, selling my 69 ex German volunteer fire bus.
Bought this last year but lack of time and back problems delaying me completing my other bay means that she is up for grabs. Recently had 2 new front arches, drivers cab floor panel, rear closing panels along with a couple of other isolated welding repairs done by local classic restorer. The bus is now very solid and had 12 months mot as of 27th Feb.

She drives very well and gear changes are effortless. All electrics work with the exception of the horn which decided to stay on all the time so I have disconnected it.

Engine is a sweet 1600 with no detectable endfloat but has a beetle carb fitted so she can be a little hesitant to start in this weather and tends to idle a little high.

Camping interior is a previous owners home brew effort but appears to be functional enough.

No advisories on the mot.

Excellent rain gutters.

Ratty paint.

Solid underneath and not a patchwork quilt.

This is a good entry level early bay for sensible money.

If full asking price met I will include an adjustable front beam and some kyb air shocks.
Might consider an aircooled px with cash my way.

Located in Gloucester.

Can email pics on request but unsure how to post them on here.

Summers coming

crags said:
Hi, selling my 69 ex German volunteer fire bus.
Bought this last year but lack of time and back problems delaying me completing my other bay means that she is up for grabs. Recently had 2 new front arches, drivers cab floor panel, rear closing panels along with a couple of other isolated welding repairs done by local classic restorer. The bus is now very solid and had 12 months mot as of 27th Feb.

She drives very well and gear changes are effortless. All electrics work with the exception of the horn which decided to stay on all the time so I have disconnected it.

Engine is a sweet 1600 with no detectable endfloat but has a beetle carb fitted so she can be a little hesitant to start in this weather and tends to idle a little high.

Camping interior is a previous owners home brew effort but appears to be functional enough.

No advisories on the mot.

Excellent rain gutters.

Ratty paint.

Solid underneath and not a patchwork quilt.

This is a good entry level early bay for sensible money.

If full asking price met I will include an adjustable front beam and some kyb air shocks.
Might consider an aircooled px with cash my way.

Located in Gloucester.

Can email pics on request but unsure how to post them on here.

Summers coming
PM sent ... and could px back treatment!

Latest posts