• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nice early bay wanted - ideally around Midlands area

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinga

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got some money burning a hole in my pocket & would like an early bay - ideally around the Midlands area, but prepared to travel for the right van.

Ok - wishlist as follows..

Defo defo no projects - not interested in any welding

Preferably tintop as we don;t use it for camping (although we do use it for days out, so basic cooking facilities would be a bonus).

Would prefer shiny rather than ratty but original paint is fine

Mods would be nice, e.g. lowered, bigger engine/subaru/red9, etc.

No tourist prices & no dealers pls

Cash waiting for the right bus.

Piccies, location and price to [email protected]

No budget really, but like I say no silly prices - just want a nice van at the right price!

Just to be a bit more specific in case anyone has the right bus out there - budget probably now about £15k - lowered would be ideal, as would a nice fresh interior - doesn;t need to be a full-on camping interior, just some nice seating, etc. Doesn;t need to be original.

prefer LHD.

thanks

I'm just putting this on the market.

LHD US import, just at the end of a long refresh.

Been in the UK since '07, I've owned since '08.

Never welded underneath and rock solid, the only metalwork was around the windscreen - common with perished rubbers.

1600 TP

Mildly lowered on creating adjusters on the front with CE adjustable spring plates on the rear.

One off powder coated empi style 5 spokes.

Engine stripped and rebuilt, all tinware powder coated in complimentary green.

Original westfalia interior, reupholstered and all woodwork reveneered in oak effect.

Couple of bits to do, including MOT which will be done for sale (of course, a bus in never truly 'finished')

The vans entire journey is included in my thread:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8034

I have an idea what I want for him, you know what you'd like to pay - I've just bought a house, so it is probably worth us talking and you coming for a look.

Van is located in Cardiff.

I'll email you also.

Thanks

Jon

thanks for all the offers guys - a few hopefuls - any more out there?

Cheers Bobreoc - I'll put some pics up when it's done - only just arrived from the US

Once I find the right/next project I'll be looking to sell this - but not with the motor or wheels. It'll be on crows feet steels.

The motor is a Wolfsburg Performance Services 2024cc with twin 44idf's - built from my old 1776 bug engine. A lot of investment and strong as an ox. If you want the engine too it'll cost you :)

It had a 90% bare metal respray (in the original colours - white over titian red) almost 10yrs ago. Has one or two areas that need touching up (someone dropped a ladder on it - lol) but it still looks great after a wash n polish.

kinga said:
Price & location?

Not given it any thought about price as of yet - but I can do if you're serious. It's basically a totally sorted bus - bodywork (including bodycolored underside), mechanicals (lowered and narrowed by slamwerks, CSP discs), new electrics (rocketron loom), firetec system - all done.

Just never did anything to the interior as it simply worked as it is - 6 kids between me & my partner, so seats were more important than camping interior etc (though rear seat has z-hinges).

Located in West Sussex.

Hi my 67 Canterbury Pitt may be up for sale in the next couple of weeks just getting it serviced and mot,d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts