• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 RHD Devon Caravette

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisearlybay

Reaction score
£15499 ONO
The time has come to part with our beloved Camper
I have owned her for over 15 years and during the last 4 years she has undergone a professional restoration by the guys at VW Mad, we had always intended to keep her so all the work was done to a high standard, not that the guys at VW Mad would do it any other way.
It wasn't your usual UK RHD and was pretty solid to start with but did need welding in a fair few of the usual places.
She is not full of filler and only had a very light skim as part of the paint prep. There are lots of photos from throughout the restoration available
We had the colour changed to VW pearl white as we preferred that to the original blue, there are a few little blister on the lower part of the door but hardly noticeable, although they look worse in the close up picture.
A later front beam with discs has been fitted along with 15in steels. New calipers were fitted as well as all new brake lines throughout and master cylinder etc.
The front seats have been replaced with seats from an Evo and as well as being very comfortable are nice and low and fully adjustable.
She has a full set of newly covered ivory door cards, although some have not been fitted yet.
She drives really well and has been fully insulated and soundproofed before the beautiful original interior was refitted.
11 months MOT
As always, there are a few bits to finish it off, but nothing that will stop it being used and enjoyed. Small details like the door seals being fitted properly, but if Im honest, I've lost the motivation to do the last little bits now we are having to sell.
please contact me if you are genuinely interested, for further details or pictures of work carried out as the list is far too long this ad.
I am located in Thurrock, Essex, a couple of minutes from m25 jct 30-31, Dartford crossing

Latest posts