• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1968 Micro bus Tintop project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keitht

Reaction score
I bought this to do up,but other projects and lack of time/space/money etc means its unlikely to get done.
I have done some work mainly to get it rolling and the electrics brakes.

Originally a SA deluxe microbus,imported into the UK around 2005 when its was restored
It has a VW birth date certificate and an F reg plate.

With 2 owners since, and an amount of modding,and the addition of the UK weather being somewhat unkind, its ended up in this state.

Body panels are pretty good,certainly all the doors are, engine lid maybe salvagable, will need some welding/cuts to underneath, cab floorpan, Wind screen pillar, corners, roof gutter and above rear windows.

Electrics were a mess, with reds and blues having been spliced on to pretty much every wire,I have sorted most of it, and there is ignition, lights, indicators, etc..

Brake fluid reservoirs have been replaced with fresh fluid.

Been tested with an engine and it does start,drive and stop but is being offered as a rolling project,complete with gearbox,lights, windscreen pillar cuts and a box of bits.

No seats or runners.
Its currently fitted with a running 1641 engine, will needs a tune. This can be had by seperate negotiation.

Viewing recommended. Will need to be transported away. I can probably help with that.
£2700 or would PX/swap with a MOTd RHD Beetle ideally aesthically original looking.
SN16 location.

Decided to get stuck into this now, well get it an mot and back on the road at least.

Doh, change of plan...something unexpected has thrown itself at me....

So its back up for sale.

I have taken to the bodywork with a couple of flap discs to expose whats what so its not really hiding anything if you come and view.
Rear side window is out, rear window out.

Price as a rolling shell, with no seats or engine is now £2200
Might break if enough interest, good gear box, lock set front doors, slider not to bad
You can even have the alloys and tyres for some cash if you bring some tatty swaps..

Latest posts