• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Elm green crossover

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zappa

Reaction score
Hi for sale my 71 elm green bus bought it 6 yrs ago from fbi,with a seized engine and the worst shade of lime green hand painted paint job ever ,it's a Swedish import used buy the forestry commission ,stripped to bare metal and repainted in og elm green ,rare colour and looks stunning every rubber seal renewed German quality,freshly rebuilt engine fitted all new heads etc ,1641 with twin carbs ,full French slammer 4 inch beam tie rods ball joints adjustable Spring plates the lot bought from midland early bay,also kyb shortened shocks,sitting on Fuchs reps new tyres ,the body is 98% og steel only needed part cab floor and some small repairs at the rear the doors dog legs sliding door and everywhere else were mint and still are,interior has r and r bed og seats recovered by the camper Shak nice westy table the best I could find ,dash is mint with the og radio working perfect. Bug tech shifter mad matz carpets bamboo shelf,and very rare cuctom made blinds,imported from oz very cool ,the bus was registered by myself so I'm the first uk owner,and have the v5 in my name ,also birth certificate fro vw,lot more I've forgot ,currently sorned with no mot although will be Mott exempt,next May ,OK the bad og battery tray has finally gave up so will need replaced small welding repair needed to inner sill at the rear ,that's it welding wise,there is a scrape on the roof at front where some muppet dropped some thing on it ,and lastly its running rough stars up ok and idles ,suspect carbs which are empi kads,I was going to replace them but no more funds only selling to fund my split and t25,got some pic but can take loads at the weekend ,need an email address for that,this is one stunning bus rock solid and need very little lets dry stored at mo at my house ,price lookin for £12500 stick another 10 k on that is what I've spent so no low ball offers try and find another with this spec a good price I think and not a greedy one ,thanks for lookin cheers rob.

Price drop 12£ or swap for a nice early bug or decent oval.

Ok him a try and sell this again now as a small project needs battery tray and small bit of welding at the rear inner sill ,the engine cost me 2500 and needs tuned it starts first time and idled nice but runs rough when on the road carbs need set up properly this bus is rock solid with all of panels I'd say 95% oh steel there is no filler anywhere it is a stunning bus no money to put into it anymore had it nearly 7 yrs rare of colour look In for 10 k a real bargain look In at what's out there it will need to be trailered ,not wanting to damage engine can email pics if interested.

Ok still for sale ordered a carb rebuild kit from kiddie Shak in the states hope fully solve the running probs this is a stunning bus with all original panels with no rust or filler just need it gone a days work for welding and that's it.

Hi I'm based 50miles north of Carlisle just of m74 can send pics at weekend working away internet playing up on iPad cheers.

Send me your email don't know how to post pics or maybe some of the guys I sent pics to could post some up for me cheers rob.

Wee update this bus is now running a sweet totally stock 1600 single port that runs perfect so price is back up to 12k ,it is booked in for the little welding it needs and possibly some paint blending in the coming weeks so price will rise again getting nearer so to its real price of 14k to 15 k ,if anyone is interested.

Hi again wee update bus is now at restorers have the battery tray and hole in inner sill done ,and most likely some paint blending done ,I drove it myself the 25 miles to get the work done it drove sweet but pedal was a bit wrong so getting a new accelerator cable ,also brakes going through might get the roof painted as well I've taken all the interior cards out to be redone and gona fit a wood headliner so with all this I will be lookin in the region of 14 k in the spring which is a good price for a 95% og metal bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts