• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale Savannah Beige 1970 LHD Early Bay £18k (West Sussex)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morville78

Reaction score
With a heavy heart I am putting my 1970 deluxe early bay up for sale. Having owned it for around 7 years it sadly no longer gets used. Prior to owning the van it was imported from California by Southern Kombi Parts who completed a bare metal restoration back to the original colour. Since I've owned it I've kept it garaged and generally only used it during the summer months. It has been well looked after.

Externally, the body work is very good with no rust or bubbling paintwork anywhere - it is solid and free from dents and scratches.

Internally, I've kept it as a microbus since I have three children and the seating arrangement suited me for getting around and about. It has replacement seat covers, new cockpit carpet and 7 seat belts fitted, but everything else is original including the door panels and headliner, which has a few small tears but nothing major. The original radio is still installed although it doesn't work but a working radio CD player is in the glove box, along with a cigarette lighter for charging phones, sat nav, etc.

The engine is 1600cc SP, not the original but a reconditioned replacement installed by Souther Kombi Parts and similar to what would have been in the van when it was new. It's has been regularly serviced and generally has had many new parts over the years, all can be evidenced with invoices. The engine and engine bay are pretty spotless, as can be seen from the picture.

It's has just been given a new mot, expiring on May 2018. It is also tax exempt. I'll include the VW Heritage roof rack and some z bed hinges in the sale (these alone cost £500).

I have many pictures evidencing the restoration which I'd be happy to share.

Please text or call for more info.

Regards
Adam
07930 632248

Latest posts