• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971/1972 White Westfalia For Sale or swap/ part ex Porsche

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmo24

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've decided to sell my Westfalia Campervan to fund another vehicle, this is the second Westfalia I have owned and has been the best one, it is also a great looking bus.

1971/1972 VW Type 2 Westfalia Campervan/Campmobile, manufactured in late 1971 and first registered in 1972 in Modesto, California.

Baywindow crossover year so has the uber cool low lights at the front and the lovely rounded bumpers front and rear from original. Original Interior in great shape, the rear bench seat/rock and roll bed has been recovered in a dark blue vinyl, & the front cab seats recovered before I bought it- in original type colour and material. There is a Zig unit split charge system installed under the rock and roll bed & electric hook-up, including small drop down dvd player.
This all looks to be an extremely well fitted system, and I would guess professional with the way it has been done, tested working when we went camping in Suffolk, summer 2016.
Super solid front cab floors, and floors and chassis throughout in excellent condition. Canvas in superb condition. Bunk beds present.

I have the original Volkswagen Owner's Manual from the U.S., sales brochure and some of the insurance slips from the States showing the original California license plate, lots of UK history since it was imported in 2007, inc the Number Plate authorisation certificate dated Nov 2007 when it was allocated it's age related plate, BRU 494K which also stands out and looks great. (I have had these made up in the California style and display inside the windows on occasions)
There is also an original Westfalia sales brochure, lots of UK invoices and a part invoice for lowered suspension from Type2/Type3 Detectives.

Since I've owned her I've had her looked after by Ian Kent at E’s Autos in Woking, I have invoices for the jobs Ian has carried out for me in the last two years, tail end of last year we did the steering coupler. MoT to Sept 2017, no advisories.

1700 cc type 4 motor with duel Weber Carburettors. Super solid & super stanced looking bus, lowered, adjustable spring plates, narrowed beam & dropped spindles. Rides superb. Camping awning included and I have a great foil insulated front screen and side window wrap around insulator jacket which will all be included in the sale.

£17,950. Woking. Please feel free to phone or text me if you are interested or to chat about it, 07775 560 898 Tim. Offers invited and considered.

Thank you!

I will be at Dubs at the Park, Easthampstead Park, Wokingham, Berkshire, if anyone wants to view. Sunday 14th May.

@ghop99 - thank you for your like! many thanks - Tim

Reducing my asking price to £16,950.

Thank you to everyone who came to talk to me at Dubs at the Park, although I don't think anyone was from the forum.

More than happy to talk on the phone, answer texts or PM me, 07775 560 898 Tim.

Many thanks

Does anyone know of anybody who would like to possibly do a swap/ part ex for an Air cooled Porsche 911 in any condition, or 912, 912E?

Thanks - Tim

Latest posts