• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 tintop deluxe californian import

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuba bug

Reaction score
I've got a 70 tintop deluxe that came over from from California a few years ago. It came without an engine or box but I have since fitted a tasty 1835 with twin 40mm carbs and a vintage speed exhaust, I have also sourced a 6 rib late bay gearbox that will cruise all day long. The interior is bare although I have insulated most panels and fitted plywood to the floor and over the engine. The paint is mostly original but was messed about with in the states so will probably need a respray (they cut the wheel arches, which I have replaced) and I have repaired a couple of holes in the cab floor and replaced the battery tray. The bus is now rock solid and dry, with no more welding required. It's lowered on adjusters up front with CE adjustable spring plates on the rear, it has 356 replica steel wheels and rides well.

It cost me £5500 to buy and import, £600 for the gearbox, the engine came out of my beach buggy and cost me £2500 a few years ago. It's got new drums all round at £50 per corner, the adjustable spring plates were £200, complete new clutch, the list goes on..............

It is registered, Mot'd until August 17 and of course is free road tax.

I would take 8K, this is firm and is less than I have in it!

The bus is located in Sutton In Ashfield, Notts.

Been asked for more pictures, sills, gutters, door bottoms, beam, underside, sorry for the quality as I've been sprottling about underneath trying to get decent pics!

Hello mate,

Bus looks good. I'm local, just in Nottingham. Can we pop over to view tomorrow??

Cheers

Lee

Hello mate,

Bus looks good. I'm local, just in Nottingham. Can we pop over to view tomorrow??

Cheers

Lee

Hi scuba bug,

Interested in your bus.

Local and would like to view this weekend . Can you message me on 07793 444495

Cheers

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts