• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nov 67 build date Westfalia tin top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron

Reaction score
It's with a heavy heart I'm putting this out to the open market as I'm struggling with my knees and back to get this finished.
So, before we all think this will be cheep, it won't..
For me to sit here and write everything that yo need to know about this bus would take me all day, but a brief outline is here..
Looking for £30,000............this has been on the back burner for me for over ten years now, paint code L512 all over, original colour, every part of this bus is either original to it when left the factory or has been bought/ renewed with NOS or original.
All of the bus panels with the exception of the battery tray, are as it left Hanover.
The van has been stripped to a shell, painted in original colour inside, outside, engine bay, etc
All 67 /68 model year parts are either original or NOS.
All five wheels are dated 11/67
Dash has an uncracked dash top, new wiring loom, dash clock, all and every part correct..
Seats and door cards are Tan by TMI
Cab mat is perfect, came from New York..
Cab door gaps as per original which means they shut like a new van, fitted with NOS seals, door clips, etc
Bumpers are mint with rare early NOS small overiders front and rear, factory Westfalia tow bar, genuine...
All chrome had been rechromed, one key fits all, correct key, original number..
All interior birch has been replaced as new, all interior looks new, Lino is genuine NOS, plastic sink remade, NOS sink tap, fridge seal, grey handles, stool, buddy seat, bed have been recovered in the same material as original, cutains are remade using original curtains found at shows, had all net clips and perfect rear net, curved rear hinge cover in birch ply.
NOS steering box, ball joints, the list goes on, this bus even had its original hard brake pipes and refitted, not rusty...!
Painted under arches, all parts powdercoated, all glass correct, all locks, tank repainted, all lights are NOS front and back, I can go on and on so you can see this is no filler queen, this is a genuine love bus....
I've dedicated a lot of time, effort and expense on a van I'd hoped to show, this may now fall to someone else if anyone is brave enough to,step up to the plate.
What needs doing to finish, well I'm going to carry on doing bits to it like fitting the gearlinkage, heater cables, NOS, dampers, NOS, so I guess it will be down to the engine, gearbox, nothing major, not much that will get you dirty..
The engine has been rebuilt, recon pump, recon carb, NOS Dynamo, all Tim ware correct and coated.
As I said, you need to,see this to believe it but please let me stress, No tyre kickers or day trippers, this is for some one who wants something a bit special, as it is..
ALL PARTS ARE PRESENT, INTIERIOR IS IN, NOT PAINT NEEDED, ALL GLASS FITTED APART FROM ONE WESTY OPENER,
INTERESTED....Mail me at [email protected] please don't waste my time and I'll not waste yours.

Ron

Yes it is a long shot as not everyone has this sort of cash in there pocket, so I guess I'm looking for an invester to see what's possible with this bus, over time yes it will increase in value as all top end classics do, even buses .
Jobs I've just started, stripped out all the rear suspension to paint and fit new brake shoes and cylinders, it's nice to pull bits off to find the VW logo on the parts, I'm refitting the hand break cables as they are not fraid or rusty at all, and they are genuine VW logo items igreat condition.
All the front and rear dampers are factory green NOS one year.....
All the bolts I'm taking off will go to be re-plated so look new, all have the Kamax logo, sad eh.....
You get the idea.......

Ron

I'm not surprised I had no takers, but I'm surprised not one had been on the phone just a bit curious to see if this van is as good as I say it is.
All rear end now back in, sitting on wheels, so, if you have a chunk of cash you want to invest, drop me a mail, come see, it's the only way some times....

Ron

Latest posts