• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 Devon Early Bay For Sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSelbsters

Reaction score
I am reluctantly making a decision to sell our 1969 Devon Conversion Early Bay camper.

We have thoroughly enjoyed owning an early Bay but I am just not finding the time to work on it so I would prefer it go to a loving home.
It's been sat on our drive for a good couple of years and is now in need of a good amount of TLC.
Being completely honest, not knowing what you might uncover I would probably call it a project (although hopefully a mini one).

So let's start by running through the bad bits ...
  • Suspension, brakes and wheels I suspect will need a really thorough strip down and parts replacing. It has 5-narrow discs on the front and 5-wide drums on the back which work well when maintained!
  • Its been sat on the drive for a couple of years so I'd anticipate some welding although hopefully only small bits as I had loads done a few years back.
  • Engine not starting (suspect battery dead but I don't have a spare to check).
  • Last time I drove it I ran out of fuel. I suspected a fuel leak so I changed all the fuel lines earlier this year (that's the only time I've managed to work on it this year).
  • Pop top outer surface is peeling and in a bad condition - the previous owner painted with emulsion and I'm not sure what it would take to get it looking nice.
  • Crack in pop top (which I've found) needs repairing with glass fibre and then pop-top needs re-lining inside.
  • Door locks not working (some barrels missing) except for tail-gate.
  • Fuel gauge has never worked.
  • No rear bumper.
  • Needs a good clean all-round as some mildew in areas.
  • Little things inside need attention ... cushion buttons, locker locks, gas cooker etc.

There are of course good points - I mean it's an Early Bay so you've got a piece of historical beauty there to start with!
It certainly could be a really nice bus if given some good attention.
I should particularly point out that the Devon conversion is really cool.
We put in curtains with black-out lining, had new cushions made, made new door cards and got it all nicely decked out.
Some fun times had in this bus!

I took a few pics between rain showers the other evening so here he is ...

And there are others here if this 'story' works ...
http://s879.photobucket.com/user/JonSelbyPics/story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So how much do I want for him?
Well having been off the Vee-Dub scene for a couple of years I don't really have a firm idea.
I'd be tentatively asking £6000 for it but open to offers on a good home!

If your at all interested do come and have a look and a natter!
We are in Cheltenham.
Jon

Afternoon. I'm very interested .... I'm based in Hereford so local to you (relatively), are you about tomorrow afternoon if I swung by on my way home for a looksee? :D

threecountiesdubber said:
Afternoon. I'm very interested .... I'm based in Hereford so local to you (relatively), are you about tomorrow afternoon if I swung by on my way home for a looksee? :D

You're more than welcome - 2pm onwards ok?
I'll PM you my address.

Cheers!
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts