• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

VW TINTOP TYPE 2 BAY DEVON CONVERSION FOR SALE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubbynuts

Reaction score
VW CAMPER EARLY BAY TINTOP VAN TAX FREE, NEW MOT 1.6L TYPE 2
VW TYPE 2 BAY WINDOW CAMPER VAN - DEVON MOONRAKER CONVERSION (located in Bournemouth, DORSET)

1972 (CROSSOVER YEAR MODEL) (manufactured 06.06 1972) - TIN TOP - 1.6L - WALK THROUGH

TAX EXEMPT & MOT'D (new MOT carried out 20th April 2015)
ORIGINAL DEVON INTERIOR
MUCH RESTORATION WORK CARRIED OUT.

I have owned this van since 2003 and have loved it! Now sadly it is time to let it go to a new home as we have another project (our 1972 VW type 2 kemperink that we want to convert)

I used the van as was for 3 years, then in 2006 the van had a ground up restoration, please see the photos of restoration through this link;
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/paul_hunt1/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Work carried out; removal/replacement/repair of rust with many new panels, including:

both front arches inc. cab steps
both rear arches
sills inner centre & outer, both sides
belly pans, both sides
rear corners, both sides
battery tray rh
chassis section rh
engine bay upright rh
lower sliding door section
front panel
lower valence
dash support panel
rear roof corner section lh
new window seals all round
the van then was resprayed in Lambretta white on top and original red/burgundy on bottom and also waxoiled underneath.

Other work has also been carried out more recently;
(03/13) new battery
(07/12) remove engine strip tinware, remove heads clean torque heads, re-assemble fit & re-tune, change front pads, & rear shoes, replace rear hoses, replace steering box, NEW PARTS; inlet boots, plugs, points, oil, rear shoes, choke unit, steering box, track rod cover, front pads, rear brake hoses, pushrod seal, rear lense, headlight reflector bowls.
(05/09) new rear exhaust section
(12/09) new coil
(08/08) removal of dynamo & replaced with alternator

The interior is an original Devon moonraker. It has the swing out cooker cupboard, gas bottle & cooker, buddy seat, tables x 2 which form part of the bed, the side unit housing the sink, cupboard space & evaporation fridge, bench seat (with cupboards underneath, overhead locker, full length rear drawers and small side unit. All cushions have been recovered, and are very comfortable to sit or sleep on. The spare wheel has a cover. The wheels are porsche 'gas burner' replicas and the tyres have loads of treat on them. There is a new front cab mat, 8 ball gear knob, 8 ball suicide knob, all door cards have been replaced with vinyl door cards, side louver window, rear jail bars. interior light, curtains, SAAB leather front seats.

Has been recently MOT'd, so has a full year on it, and is ROAD TAX FREE!
Van was garaged over the winter, and started first time during the spring. It's last road trip before being garaged was to Brussels, motored there and back without missing a beat. I have never really had any problems with the van, other than the normal niggles, it runs smooth, starts easily, and stops slowly...

The van is in pretty good shape, and I would keep running it as is, there are patches of surface bubbles along the bottoms of the doors and around the gutters but nothing really nasty. I actually prefer driving it now compared to when it was perfect, much less stressful now I'm don't have to worry so much about the new paint work.
It would not take much to make it perfect if that is what you are after.

please feel free to message with any questions or to arrange a viewing and to take for a test drive if you have insurance that will cover you.

£9995, please message with any questions, for more photos or to arrange a viewing in BOURNEMOUTH

Latest posts