• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 early bay TINTOP for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

parker999

Reaction score
selling my RHD 1969 early bay, with heavy heart the decision has been made.
mot,/ tax until April 2015

UNDERNEATH:
Rock solid outriggers, sills, chasis rails, - front inner and outer valence replaced last year, has adjustable front beam, with CSP disc conversion... rear has been lowered 2 splines and had Air shocks fitted !
new accelerator linkages and pedal fitted, Klaxson air horn to give vintage sound.

BODY AND PAINT :
generally the paint is very good all over , however their is some paint bubble around nearside wheel arch, nearside front door,
sliding door lower inch, rear nearside corner below battery tray...
sounds awful but its actually not that bad for a vehicle over 40 years old.
i have replacement panels for these areas....
colour is cream with white roof and bumpers...

EXTERIOR EXTRAS :
Westfalia 3 bow roof rack
chrome safety star badge on rear bumper
Exterior sun visor
chrome side step
chrome jacking point blank off inserts.
Empi 5 spoke Alloys

EXTERIOR :
New window rubber seals and side door, rear hatch , engine lid, sliding door seals...
front indicator, rear indicator and number plate light seals replaced.

INTERIOR:
3/4 width rock and roll bed, roof locker/cabinet, full length cabinet as found in dormobile conversion...
centre console cabinate between seats.
twin burner cooker, which can be removed for cooking outside.
New headlining and Flip down digital tv/ dvd player.
Cd player under dashboard, it has a radio blank off on dashboard and uncut..
Bamboo parcel shelf fitted, new heater cables so heat actually demists windscreen.
front speakers/ rear speakers.
MADMATZ carpet set in cab
MADMATZ Vynyl tiled floor, Red/Cream
Re apolstered front seats with headrests, in Red with Cream piping
New curtains and fake blinds
12v interior spotlights.
240v plug sockets with fusebox and 240v hookup
15" rosewood steering wheel.
Jail Bars in rear windows.

ENGINE:
1600cc TwinPort motor with standard exhaust and heat exchangers... Alternator conversion - Liesure battery fitted with charging system, and auxillary fusebox to run interior lights, tv/dvd player..
Have a folder full of reciepts and original vw manuals etc..
HAVE SPARE 1600CC SINGLE PORT ENGINE TO BE INCLUDED.

pr obably missed loads of stuff not mentioned, viewing can be done at Busfest at Malvern 3 counties showground on 6th
sept.
PRICE: £12,500.00 message me if interested, after 7th sept the van will go on ebay...!!

[url=http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/parker999/media/2013-07-09141639_zpsd934082f.jpg.html]

2013-07-09130644_zps31f8d5f0.jpg
[/url][/img]

2013-07-09130540_zpsa2f366c9.jpg
[/url][/url][/img]

2013-07-09130607_zpsae13c906.jpg
[/url][/img]
2013-07-09130559_zpsbab22158.jpg
[/url][/url][/img]
2013-05-03190050_zps9e342820.jpg
[/url][/img]

parker999 said:
selling my RHD 1969 early bay, with heavy heart the decision has been made.
mot,/ tax until April 2015

UNDERNEATH:
Rock solid outriggers, sills, chasis rails, - front inner and outer valence replaced last year, has adjustable front beam, with CSP disc conversion... rear has been lowered 2 splines and had Air shocks fitted !
new accelerator linkages and pedal fitted, Klaxson air horn to give vintage sound.

BODY AND PAINT :
generally the paint is very good all over , however their is some paint bubble around nearside wheel arch, nearside front door,
sliding door lower inch, rear nearside corner below battery tray...
sounds awful but its actually not that bad for a vehicle over 40 years old.
i have replacement panels for these areas....
colour is cream with white roof and bumpers...

EXTERIOR EXTRAS :
Westfalia 3 bow roof rack
chrome safety star badge on rear bumper
Exterior sun visor
chrome side step
chrome jacking point blank off inserts.
Empi 5 spoke Alloys

EXTERIOR :
New window rubber seals and side door, rear hatch , engine lid, sliding door seals...
front indicator, rear indicator and number plate light seals replaced.

INTERIOR:
3/4 width rock and roll bed, roof locker/cabinet, full length cabinet as found in dormobile conversion...
centre console cabinate between seats.
twin burner cooker, which can be removed for cooking outside.
New headlining and Flip down digital tv/ dvd player.
Cd player under dashboard, it has a radio blank off on dashboard and uncut..
Bamboo parcel shelf fitted, new heater cables so heat actually demists windscreen.
front speakers/ rear speakers.
MADMATZ carpet set in cab
MADMATZ Vynyl tiled floor, Red/Cream
Re apolstered front seats with headrests, in Red with Cream piping
New curtains and fake blinds
12v interior spotlights.
240v plug sockets with fusebox and 240v hookup
15" rosewood steering wheel.
Jail Bars in rear windows.

ENGINE:
1600cc TwinPort motor with standard exhaust and heat exchangers... Alternator conversion - Liesure battery fitted with charging system, and auxillary fusebox to run interior lights, tv/dvd player..
Have a folder full of reciepts and original vw manuals etc..
HAVE SPARE 1600CC SINGLE PORT ENGINE TO BE INCLUDED.

pr obably missed loads of stuff not mentioned, viewing can be done at Busfest at Malvern 3 counties showground on 6th
sept.
PRICE: £12,500.00 message me if interested, after 7th sept the van will go on ebay...!!

[url=http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/parker999/media/2013-07-09141639_zpsd934082f.jpg.html]

2013-07-09130644_zps31f8d5f0.jpg
[/url][/img]

2013-07-09130540_zpsa2f366c9.jpg
[/url][/url][/img]

2013-07-09130607_zpsae13c906.jpg
[/url][/img]
2013-07-09130559_zpsbab22158.jpg
[/url][/url][/img]
2013-05-03190050_zps9e342820.jpg
[/url][/img]

IS MY PRICE TO HIGH FOR A HONEST BUS !! OR ARE PEOPLE NOT GOT THIS SORT OF MONEY !!
PLEASE ADVISE IF YOU FEEL ITS PRICED WRONG..

niklee1 said:
It looks like a nice bus for the money IMHO...I'd have a look if I was after a tin-top! Just think you'll find a lot of people are away on their hols so not having readies to splash out. Stick to your guns and hold out before spreading her out on fleabay as you'll get some dicks who think they are still worth £400!!!
:D

THANKS, I WILL STICK TO MY GUNS,... :) THIS WILL BE STUNNING WITH A PAINT JOB !!

HI there

I am interested in your camper, but as this would be my first ever VW (let alone a camper!) after years of dreaming, I'd like to know just how much rust there is in the doors and sills. I know this looks like a good bus overall but I don't want to spend all that money to then start repairing the panels. I appreciate you have been as honest as you can, and I really want a bus that is sorted like this (stance, brakes, etc) and RHD.

I'll have a look to see if you have any other pics on your link, but can you post any more here?

Cheers

Actually, forgot the most important bit! Does it have 2 x three-point rear seat belts? I have 2 kids to transport and this would be a minimum requirement (both facing forward of course to avoid travel sickness!)

:D

Hi, it has 2 x rear seatbelts in rear facing forward, one belt is lap belt and the other is 3 point belt, side by side, the camping unit fitted prevents a 2nd 3 point belt being fitted hence why it is a lap belt.
as for bubbling paint on bottom of the passenger door if it was rubbed back and treated this would stop the problem, but best result would be to replace the door with a rust free import replacement before you have van resprayed.
the small area on rear corner passenger side again could be rubbed back and metal patch put in, although i have purchased replacement panel for this. THE PRICE THIS IS LISTED REFLECTS THE PAINTWORK CONDITION, IF THIS WAS RESPRAYED AND SORTED I WOULD BE ASKING £17000
i have outer front arch, rear corner and rear front of arch sill by sliding door, but i bought these panels to insure 100% that rust would be gone for good ready for a respray...
if you go to busfest on sunday 7th sept at 3 counties show, Malvern, worcestshire... you can view van in person, no pressure.
its always best to view in person...
i believe this will sell at the show because its solid underneath, interior is sorted and its a RHD.
my no. 07979426429
thanks for interest.

parker999 said:
Hi, it has 2 x rear seatbelts in rear facing forward, one belt is lap belt and the other is 3 point belt, side by side, the camping unit fitted prevents a 2nd 3 point belt being fitted hence why it is a lap belt.
as for bubbling paint on bottom of the passenger door if it was rubbed back and treated this would stop the problem, but best result would be to replace the door with a rust free import replacement before you have van resprayed.
the small area on rear corner passenger side again could be rubbed back and metal patch put in, although i have purchased replacement panel for this. THE PRICE THIS IS LISTED REFLECTS THE PAINTWORK CONDITION, IF THIS WAS RESPRAYED AND SORTED I WOULD BE ASKING £17000
i have outer front arch, rear corner and rear front of arch sill by sliding door, but i bought these panels to insure 100% that rust would be gone for good ready for a respray...
if you go to busfest on sunday 7th sept at 3 counties show, Malvern, worcestshire... you can view van in person, no pressure.
i believe this will sell at the show because its solid underneath, interior is sorted and its a RHD.
my no. 07979426429
thanks for interest.

Still available / open to offers

parker999 said:
my no. 07979426429
thanks for interest.

Still available / open to offers

parker999 said:
parker999 said:
my no. 07979426429
thanks for interest.

NOW SOLD SOLD SOLD !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts