• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Earlybay Gearbox For Sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike.s

Reaction score
Hi,

Early 3 Rib gearbox for sale. Perfect working order - no crunching, whining or droning :)

Its also been converted to a late clutch release bearing so will take the later 200mm clutch with better release bearing clips and guide tube.

I`ll get the code off it, but its from Jun 68 van, so is the 3 rib one suitable for 1600 engine.

Only selling as i`m getting a more higher ratio box for my larger engine i`m fitting.

Its still in the van at the moment, so if you`re quick you can see it running before i remove it sometime in the next week!

Located in Weymouth - I can put it on a pallet of required - haven't looked into prices but will do

£325

Yikes your right very interested mine keeps jumping out of fourth

Hiya - yes it works perfectly .

If you wanted to see it working you can and then I can probably remove the engine and the gearbox while you wait :)

Where are you located?

Damn I'm all the way up near Newcastle upon Tyne and your on the south coast ..... typical.
Thanks for your quick Reply I will try and get one closer to me for now

Ok sure - can understand that!

I was looking into courier's but they were all looking at about £50 ish to be honest - would have to find a pallet aswell though!

Can get hold of a pallet now so can courier if required - will look into prices

Now on ebay here as its taking up space!

Low start price -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282835668945?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

heres a few pics. It looks a bit dirty in the side pic, but is just dry dust/dirt really.

You can see the upgraded clutch shaft and code whic is C01 0154
-

IMG_5316.jpg

IMG_5314.jpg

IMG_5313.jpg

Ill be watching this mate, would be pallet postage though as I'm in the north east.

Gearbox is the only thing I never replaced on my resto, so I'm wanting a spare just incase

yes - thats cool - i`ve resigned myself that being able to stick it on a pallet is the easiest way to open it up to more sellers!

mike.s said:
yes - thats cool - i`ve resigned myself that being able to stick it on a pallet is the easiest way to open it up to more sellers!

To be honest I bought an engine off a 'well known' engine builder once and it was just tied to the pallet with 2 bits of washing line :lol: :lol:

Latest posts