• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bay Rev Counter in dash Pod. Top Quality. Poss Group Buy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillywilly

Reaction score
Hi all

Not wanting to spoil my original dash with a mismatching rev counter stuck on the top, I have been working on getting one made to not only fit the standard dash pod but to match (as closely as possible) the original clocks. It's taken nine months and a lot of time but I am really happy with the results. I always have problems uploading pictures to the forum (my inexperience probably) but hopefully you can see these.

It cost me £220 but, the guy who manufactured and remodelled it to look as original as possible said that he could produce these more cheaply for group buys and if i could get the price of mine to about £100-120 i'd be happy

All i'm doing at them moment is to gauge interest (excuse the pun) so that i can go back to him with numbers to then be able to get a price. This may not work out but you get the gist.

If you like the look of the rev counter and would be interested, reply and let me know what you would be happy to pay. obviously i will negotiate to get the price down as much as possible for everyone.

I looked around to find something like this but couldn't find anything.

Having problems uploading pictures, hopefully links below work.

http://s1229.photobucket.com/user/philipip/library/Bay%20windows%20Dash%20pod%20with%20Rev%20Counter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers

Phil

Here you go Phil. Must say that looks very very nice

IMG_2883.jpg

IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

phillywilly said:
Cheers Whistler, your a star.

No probs, when you click on the pic on the right it gives you links. The bottom one is Img code just click that and it changes to copied, then just paste in your post (no need to use the Img button at the top).

Also, I'd happily pay £100-£120 for one of those, cheaper would be great obviously :lol: . Question is, are they easy to plug in to the engine and get working?

2 wires so shouldn't be an issue, just gotta find the route. Will keep you informed. Thanks for your tips & will register your interest.

Great idea you got there. :lol: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38244&p=320147&hilit=clocks+and+tachometers#p320147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just a couple of questions. How many spare needles does your man have? Will you be able to produce large quantities?

What tacho are you using to produce these?

Looks like you posted when I started looking!

Answer to your questions, quantity shouldn't be an issue, I've only spoken to him about complete units and don't think he would supply needles only.

Yes I understand he will be producing full units but how many needles can he get his hands on if 50 people want a tacho?

What a good idea!

I'd be very interested in one in the price band that you mention.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into getting these developed.

Looks good, put me down for one at the prices indicated. The only thing I would say is that, Does it need to go up to 8000rpm? I've been looking at getting one that goes up to only 5K or 6K.. cos lets face it, hardly any of us go over 4.5k revs really...

What's the timescales please?

Definately interested.....

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

That looks awesome, looks like it came as standard!
I'll deff be interested at about £100/£120ish Max. Obviously the cheaper the better!

Good work!
Lee

Latest posts