• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bus Parts :: can bring to VanWest (more added!)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Panel
[*]It's amazing how much stuff I have managed to horde in my first year of van ownership! Sadly I can't keep it all and my bus fund is below zero so I need to sell up.

Prices
I don't know what most of this is worth so please tell me if I'm being a tit with pricing.
Open to offers on any of it :)

Delivery/Collection
I am based in Leeds and welcome collection.
I can also bring any item to VanWest (Brean, Somerset) if we sort stuff out by Tuesday 8th at the latest or Bristol Volksfest.
No items include postage so this will be an extra at the buyers cost. I don't want to give individual item costs because A) if you want more than one item then they'll go in the same box/packet and B) I'm being lazy right now :roll: and will work out an actual cost when I get a serious offer on an item :lol:

Dibs
Reply to this thread to register your dibs!

Pictures
Click on the smaller pictures to load up a higher resolution version :)
You can find pictures of everything here: http://s1067.photobucket.com/albums/u434/gvee87/bus_stuff_for_sale/?start=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have taken pictures of the worst bits of every item. If you think I've missed anything or want different angles or whatever just let me know and I can grab another snap.

• Washer bottle (£7?) - need to double check there's no leaks
  • Sliding door hinge covers RHD (£27?)
  • Thermostat housing (£7?)
  • Gear stick (£7?)
  • 2 * fuel pumps, untested (better one £8, t'other £6?)

Doghouse Tin (upper, triangular piece on back of fanshroud) - £6.50 - (£12 for this plus the item below)
Surface rust, small split near mount point (pictured)
DSC_0482640x425.jpg

Doghouse Tin (lower, duct through front tin) - £6.50 - (£12 for this plus the item above)
Surface rust, solid.
DSC_0485640x425.jpg

Dash Top Vents (two curved, longer one sold!) - £1.50 ea - (£4.50 for both inc. postage)
Lots of surface rust but solid
DSC_0477640x425.jpg

Sliding Door Handle Catch - £8 (VW part number 214 843 453)
Bought in error off ebay (not the part I thought it was :roll: ). Includes a bunch of screws/fittings (not pictured)
DSC_0501640x425.jpg

Heater Tube - £4
Not sure if this is off a bus or a beetle but I believe it to be an original. 65mm diameter (see picture)
DSC_0474640x425.jpg

Tailgate Hinge Cover (n/s) - £12 (VW part number 211 867 529)
Mucky with some surface scrubbing/scratching (see pictures). Will swap for an o/s one!
DSC_0437640x425.jpg

Original Upper Engine Bay Insulation - £5 - (Collection only)
This came out of a post-72 van (see the circular indents from the boards).
DSC_0518640x425.jpg

Over Engine Bay Body Cut - £12 for half, £20 full
rust free. Half a cut will give you enough to put in a decent fuel sender inspection hatch. Full cut is 50cm x 43cm.
DSC_0526640x425.jpg

Random Over Engine Bay Body Cut - 1 beer - Collection only
Rust free. From the side by the fuel flap. 43cm x 25cm.
DSC_0537640x425.jpg

Ash tray - £8
Not certain where this goes but from memory it is not from a microbus middle seat... Therefore I assume it is a bulkhead one, right?
DSC_0572640x425.jpg

EMPI 4-tip Exhaust - £10
Lots of surface rust. Stainless tips. Appears to be in a good, solid shape. Have been told that these aren't great on a TP but fine for a SP.
DSC_0557640x425.jpg

VW Script Front Grille - £10
Early style front grille made from stainless steel with "Volkswagen" cut in to it. Not the best picture, I know. Can provide further images on request
lilye640x279.jpg

Later Style Number Plate Light - £1.50 (Hella)
My old number plate light. As you can see from the pictures it has 2 corners broken off but still fixes on fine with original fittings.
DSC_0617640x425.jpg

Heater Pipe Rubber - 50p (VW part number 111 819 945)
Fits around heat exchanger and body pipes that the heater pipes then fit over to give an air tight fit
DSC_0511640x425.jpg

norm said:
hello
have you still got the mirror ?
if so can you give me a price posted to ipswich
cheers norm
62 deluxe PM'd me last night regarding the mirror. I have quoted him £3 in postage. If I don't hear anything in the next couple of days then I will PM you :)

71dormy said:
how much for rear lenses posted?
I reckon they'll cost £3 in postage mate, sound good?

gvee said:
norm said:
hello
cheers norm
62 deluxe PM'd me last night regarding the mirror. I have quoted him £3 in postage. If I don't hear anything in the next couple of days then I will PM you :)

71dormy said:

ok mate paypal? £10 posted..

mcvw said:
What year bus are the dash-top vents from?
Hi Mike,
Couldn't tell you mate - they were just knocking around in a box in my van when I bought it!
I didn't realise the dash tops changed through the years to be honest :eek:

PM's replied to :)

gvee said:
norm said:
hello
cheers norm

71dormy said:

cool will wait for reply :D
norm

Do u still have the devon window .is it complete and in good order.would u post and how much please
thanks
darren

dlscott1974 said:
Do u still have the devon window .is it complete and in good order.would u post and how much please
thanks
darren
Yep, it is still here and in good working order. The seals are there on all of the openers but some of them aren't straight along the edges (click the smaller pictures of the item to see what I mean). The unit could use a good scrubbing too!

I would prefer collection as it is a bit delicate but can courier if required. Will look in to getting a cost for you if you can't come get it :)

Latest posts