• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

TransporterHaus drop spindles offer.....order for DUBFREEZE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mister

Reaction score
Hi people,

I bagged myself a set of Slamwerks adjustable springplates in the recent group buy, this gets my back end down and sorted....next the front needs attention....

Transporterhaus hinted at a drop spindle offer on the Slamwerks thread so I contacted them and Alex has come back with a generous offer for us EBers:

They are offering a group buy but collection and payment will need to be
at dubfreeze.

Group buy prices are £350 exchange or £450 outright (this is a saving of £99 off their web list price). All pre orders get a quality track rod thrown in and 2 eccentric
bushes.

So, anybody interested?

I`ve seem to have missed the group buy :cry: but have recently slotted them on to my bus and am well impressed, think some coil over shocks are well passed due on this bus and am about to contact Alex to get some sorted for me. A very nice man to deal with. 8)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, Lower than a snakes belly. :lol: ;) :lol:

I could be interested, got the springplates and been thinking of getting some dropped spindles as well. Need to do a bit of research but put me down as a maybe :)

ozziedog said:
I`ve seem to have missed the group buy :cry: but have recently slotted them on to my bus and am well impressed, think some coil over shocks are well passed due on this bus and am about to contact Alex to get some sorted for me. A very nice man to deal with. 8)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, Lower than a snakes belly. :lol: ;) :lol:

yeah i'd be interested in some coil overs as well :)

Just to get the sexual juices flowing, here are my T-Haus d-spindles that were delivered fresh this week :mrgreen:

IMAG0727.jpg

Alex is great to deal with, answers questions with ease - which was key to my purchase as I had a lot of them :lol:

Looks like some nice kit :) how hard are they to fit?

I guess the shocks are seperate? Are they essential and how much?

Cheers!

67westy said:
Looks like some nice kit :) how hard are they to fit?

I guess the shocks are seperate? Are they essential and how much?

Cheers!

They are pretty easy to fit. Got this pic from a customer in Australia a couple of days back (we have a lot of customers running these in Australia coz they can't use welded spindles). He got them fitted on his drive in 6 hours. We have done a few sets in the shop and get it down to about 4 hours.

71bay.jpg

btw this bus is running 2 splines at the back for anyone interested.

Coilovers not included but may be improve your ride depending on how much weight is in your bus and how strong your torsion springs still are.

Thanks for the info, i guess I'd probably give it a go without the coilovers first and see how we go.

how much height adjustability do you get with the coil overs??? do they only make it higher if needed, or is there any drop in height over standard shocks?? my standard shocks are shot, and torsion bars a bit weak, so may need a tweak up. i must be getting old and more sensible :lol:

Sorry, I should point out that my picture may be misleading.

Coil-overs, bump-stops and torsion arm seals are NOT included in the T-Haus kit. That picture is reference for myself as I slowly gathered together all of the parts necessary for the suspension setup specification I wanted.

However, eccentric washers ARE included which are not pictured (as they are second hand, I was cleaning them up in a bowl of vinegar when I took that shot - they are now covered in a nice coat of P15).

cunning plan said:
Just to get the sexual juices flowing, here are my T-Haus d-spindles that were delivered fresh this week :mrgreen:

IMAG0727.jpg

Alex is great to deal with, answers questions with ease - which was key to my purchase as I had a lot of them :lol:

To Alex at Transporterhaus, I have to say that the quality of the items in the pic above is first class -I bought a set from someone else initially as the pics I had seen were no as nice as this. If only I had know as the ones I bought were lots more :shock:

Top work, would happliy get a pair of your dropped spindles now if I haven't spent the cash on K+L.

Top work, keep it up :mrgreen:

Can also vouch for the quality of the product as we fit them to customers buses and they are on the shop bus. Personally I think you need to factor in coil overs as I fitted normal lowered springs and kept bottoming out and its nothing to do with my weight as such as Clem had the same issue with his T2D dropped spindles that are done in the same way.

The price Alex is quoting is good, as a trader I struggle to buy them for that!!, if anyone ones them fitted then happy to arrange that in our workshop in the midlands :mrgreen:

I'm definitely up for a set please.
How much are the coil overs also?

And if I cant have my exchange set available in time for dub freeze can I pay the outright purchase price and then get the difference refunded when I can get the exchange items off and back to Transporterhaus?

Hi again

There has been some questions about the coilovers, there is some info on the Transporterhaus web site:

http://transporterhaus.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=120&Itemid=150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or give Alex an email: [email protected]

As there has been some positive interest I think a "yes please" list would be a good idea, copy/paste & add your name and which year spindles:

mister - 1971-1972

mister said:
Hi again

There has been some questions about the coilovers, there is some info on the Transporterhaus web site:

http://transporterhaus.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=120&Itemid=150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or give Alex an email: [email protected]

As there has been some positive interest I think a "yes please" list would be a good idea, copy/paste & add your name and which year spindles:

mister - 1971-1972

YES PLEASE -
mister - 1971-1972
55Ovalcharlie - 1969 And set of Coilovers (assuming ok to post old spindles back to Transporterhaus)

mattp said:
To Alex at Transporterhaus, I have to say that the quality of the items in the pic above is first class -I bought a set from someone else initially as the pics I had seen were no as nice as this. If only I had know as the ones I bought were lots more :shock:

Top work, would happliy get a pair of your dropped spindles now if I haven't spent the cash on K+L.

Top work, keep it up :mrgreen:

Hey Matt,

Thanks we appreciate the feedback. We took onboard what you said in the past and changed the way we finished the spindles. Everything is blasted now and the results speak for themselves. Those pics on the website are of the first production run, which was 18 months ago now.

We can also powder coat the spindles and arms if anyone wants this service

No need to bring your cores to the show these can be returned anytime and we'll refund the core charge when we get them back. Or if you want to keep your stock stuff that's no problem.

Graham L said:
Can also vouch for the quality of the product as we fit them to customers buses and they are on the shop bus. Personally I think you need to factor in coil overs as I fitted normal lowered springs and kept bottoming out and its nothing to do with my weight as such as Clem had the same issue with his T2D dropped spindles that are done in the same way.

The price Alex is quoting is good, as a trader I struggle to buy them for that!!, if anyone ones them fitted then happy to arrange that in our workshop in the midlands :mrgreen:

Graham. How does your bus ride with the coil overs? Is the ride much firmer or even too firm? Do they eliminate tyre scuff completly or do you still get the occasional scuff here and there.

Just wondering how these perform compared to the adjustable shocks I'm running. I need to tweek mine up a bit more to stop the tyres scuffing but I think the ride may end up too harsh.

Cheers.

Matt.

Latest posts