• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Early bay rubber overrider RUBBERS

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhu128l

Reaction score
AS OF 25th FEBUARY NEW PRICE IS £70 INC POST FOR FOUR

THIS IS DUE TO INCEASED RAW MATERIAL COSTS AND POSTAGE COSTS

set of 4 repro overrider rubbers
stainless inserts with metric threads
not the normal shite repro ones
£70 inc postage in the uk . as of 15/2/11 if interest will post pictures
can make as many as you want

also westy roof mechanism sliding bronze bearings :lol: :lol: sorry simon i couldn`t resist

lhu128l said:
set of 4 repro overrider rubbers
stainless inserts with metric threads
not the normal shite repro ones
£65 inc postage if interest will post pictures
can make as many as you want

also westy roof mechanism sliding bronze bearings :lol: :lol: sorry simon i couldn`t resist

Any pics of these for us then? And whats with the bronze bits? I recall a thread on someone making some up when he replace the front hinges for stronger 73 ones, and make up some bits from bronze - was it you? How much and pics please?

Cheers!

Alistair

P1000372.jpg

P1000376.jpg

P1000373.jpg

P1000424.jpg

P1000453.jpg

second picture shows a old vwoa one and the captivated stainless insert
other picture shows one fitted to a late bay overrider but are the same as eb`s

the bronze slider roof hinge bearings are simon`s (cali-bay) project and i think he
is going to do a re-furb kit so drop him a pm

ok the first two sets i`ll let go for £50 a set inc post ,
soooo much better quality than the likes of justkampers or c&c ones

Hello lhu,

Will you be at the VoWo show?

Very interested by your over riders rubbers and it would be fine to pick them directly at a show to avoid international shipping charges as I'm a French guy.

I'll be at Ninove, Belgium and at the VolksWorld show.

Keep me updated please,

Bye

viNce

kombiporsche
postage to france will be £9 so if you want i`ll split that so a set posted to france will be £54.50

Me too mate,

I'm so sorry, missed this post :oops: :oops: but I'm still interested by a set.

Are you still OK for 54.5£ posted to France?

Do you have a PayPal account?

My panel will appreciate it!

dyn010_original_804_604_jpeg_2633228_0eede04aa8fb6426c6bd37d1a6e0be5b.jpg

Thanks,

viNce

justkampers do rubbers at £30 each and custom and comercial do them for £40 a pair look at either sites pictures and check out the poooor quality ...choice is yours

Got mine in the post today fella, quality rubbers, recomended from me 8) no comparism with the nasty copies.

Just

Hi!

Just to say, I got one of the early sets of these and the quality is great, plus full stainless fixings so wont do rusty like the og one. Nice pliable rubber, and good finish to the surface of the rubber..
Just not fitted them yet, , these should be rolling off the shelfs - buy them if you need some rubbers, you wont be disappointed! :D

Alistair

it started with the late overriders themselves ,i fancied a set as you don`t see many late bays with them ,couldn`t find them so i made them from scratch (pic above) then i was going to lash some rubber strips on as i couldn`t justify spending £80 on a set . then it got a bit carried away with 3D milling and trying different rubbers ,and once i started i wasn`t going to let it beat me bla bla bla ... its like anything though if i can make it cheaper than buying it i will .That when i`m not making bits for simons (cali-bay) bus

Latest posts